The BCTTT TT bike

Bikes, frames and all the other parts can be found in here.

The BCTTT TT bike

Postby Seasider71 » 15 Sep 2012 15:43

Ok it has been a tough decision, but I have finally made it - I am putting my TT bike up for sale. I have found that at the Vit I am just as fast on both bikes so I now intend to keep upgrading just the one steed until I can finally have that dream bike in about 5 years time.

So those of you that have seen her know she is in very good condition and is well maintained - The only catch is I am selling without the wheels, as I will be using them on my other bike for Tri events & flatter sportives.

So the price I am looking for is £700 (would have been £1000 with the wheels) if there are no takers on here I will probably break her down into component parts and put on ebay - Just thought I would see if there was any interest here first.

So from the front end, here are the components on the bike.

Dura-Ace 10 speed bar end shifters
Tektro RK 5.0 Carbon Leavers
F19 Profile Design Carbon Aero Bars with integrated stem
Shimano 105 (Black) Break callipers (front & Rear)
Ultegra 6700 (standard) chainset
Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur
Ultegra 6700 Rear derailleur (Med)
Look Keo Classic Peddles
Fizik Areone Tri 2 Saddle
Frame & Forks Planet X Stealth Pro carbon (Resprayed in Club Colours)

Pics can be made available upon request

Feel free to ask any questions either here or on FB - I shall be putting this post up there too.

:D

Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: The BCTTT TT bike

Postby CCS » 16 Sep 2012 09:04

Size?
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Seasider71 » 16 Sep 2012 16:09

Large will probably accommodate 5'10" to 6'4" planet x state 6" to 6" 2"
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Postby CCS » 16 Sep 2012 19:31

Hmmm.... so borderline size-wise (I am 5'10") - but dangerously affordable (especially as it wouldn't get much use on the hilly side of the county)... any passing experts with an opinion as to whether this would be too big for me?
CCS

Postby jonathon.e » 17 Sep 2012 05:59

CCS wrote:Hmmm.... so borderline size-wise (I am 5'10") - but dangerously affordable (especially as it wouldn't get much use on the hilly side of the county)... any passing experts with an opinion as to whether this would be too big for me?

Best bet, as bike manufacturers frames are so variable would be to ask Gav for the measurement of the top of the saddle at the lowest point it can be dropped to to the floor, the top tube to floor measurement and the seat post to headset measurement, then compare those to your Cervelo, that would give you a reasonable comparison.
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby nivagh » 17 Sep 2012 12:08

It's a Planet X Stealth - the measurements on the website are pretty clear:
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FRP ... rial_frame

Depending on your body shape, if you're not too wacky (leg length vs torso length wise) then your flexibility and racing distance will come into play. I'm about 5 foot 7 (172 cm) and I ride a Small one of these with a fairly harsh setup, but I race short distance and I'll trade aero for a bit of discomfort. I would take a wild guess and say that you might be better off on a Medium, but then if you're not looking for a hugely aggressive position, you can adjust the stack and the stem length if budget is more of a driver just now.
nivagh
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby CCS » 17 Sep 2012 13:18

nivagh wrote:Depending on your body shape, if you're not too wacky (leg length vs torso length wise)....

Yeah... that's part of the issue... freaky long legs / short body (legs same length as BAT officer, who is 4" taller than me, and does not suffer from short legs...), but pretty bendy...

Been having an idle morning comparing frame geometry (but pretty ignorant of such things, so still not a great deal wiser)... must do some work!

Really don't need a TT bike - would get used for TTs (local evening 10) and flattish sprint / Oly tris... but a lot of the riding around here probably isn't too TT friendly... really ought to talk myself out of even thinking about this, but a bargain is always tempting...
CCS

Postby Jack Hughes » 17 Sep 2012 15:04

You sound like a female to me, not a freak. I.e. shorter body, longer legs

Which probably means a bike for a bloke of the same size would be too long in the reach. Which would most likely mean this one is probably too big.

If you want to have a serious crack at TTs ( and you have the potential to actually be in prize money), then you want a TT bike.

Of course, you might need a bit more focus on cycling then, and have to, say, cut back on the running.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Seasider71 » 17 Sep 2012 15:54

it is a funny one - fit, I have always found this a little small for me - (I am not just saying that to try and make a sale). Setting it up for the best scenario for myself taught me a lot about how to make tiny changes for big results.

I bought the frame & forks purely on the size guide from Planet X, I wish I could sort out some sort of try before you buy to club members, but the logistics would be a nightmare.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Postby CCS » 17 Sep 2012 18:29

Maybe I ought to seek the opinion of Mike the Bike, to see what he thinks after last year's fitting - but I am thinking it may be too big.

Jack Hughes wrote:You sound like a female to me, not a freak. I.e. shorter body, longer legs

There's an element of that - but my legs ARE a bit freaky even for a laydee...

Jack Hughes wrote:If you want to have a serious crack at TTs ( and you have the potential to actually be in prize money), then you want a TT bike.
Of course, you might need a bit more focus on cycling then, and have to, say, cut back on the running.

Shhh... I need no encouragement on either of those fronts... need to be restrained from spending the kids' education fund, which has an unfortunate habit of passing through my bank account (and I need to ensure that they will be in a position to support me in my imminent old age)
CCS

Next

Return to Sales