Woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown: CCS 2013

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown: CCS 2013

Postby Jack Hughes » 12 Sep 2013 15:09

CCS wrote:You obviously read a different forecast to me

yep. Sunday's :oops:

What's LTS?

Fastest time over the distance the in the Last Three Seasons (what you write down on line 2 of the entry form. or whatever it is). Which I take to being 2010,2011,2012 (plus this season).
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Jack Hughes » 12 Sep 2013 16:20

Would the AA pick you up? Does it have to be a car?
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby Tritans » 13 Sep 2013 11:45

So come on then, what happened !
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby CCS » 13 Sep 2013 16:15

Tritans wrote:So come on then, what happened !

Short version: planned assult on Winterfold; route thwarted by road closure (and it was REALLY closed - not the usual ride through option) - set off to try and approach from a different direction via a somewhat circuitous (and much longer) route; suspect my freehub died in the middle of nowhere; the legs on my bike go round and round - the wheel doesn't; much faffing around; saved by nice lady in Walliswood who found me a taxi company as my phone had no reception; expensive taxi ride home.

Today it gets worse (Fri 13th of course) - out all day paiting & decorating at buy to let; haven't eaten since 9am; picked up youngest & friend from school at 3; got home; lock on back door not working... I know that I am a member of a gym for a good reason - we are currently sheltering and snacking at David Lloyd. Missed a conference call for work too while stuck in the garden in the rain marshalling children. I need a stiff drink when I get home (assuming that BAT officer will have managed to fix lock / break in).
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Tritans » 13 Sep 2013 18:25

Nowhere near as exciting as I was hoping for. I was expecting a fast downhill crash, snapping your wheel in half.

I hope you have a great race tmro.

Confucius
Tritans

Postby CCS » 15 Sep 2013 08:21

Sat 14/9: H25/8. Struggling to muster much enthusiasm in the morning - it was cold; I was really tired (even a bucket of coffee while the kids did judo failed to give me a kick start) - but off to Bentley in the rain - after all, I had a new skinsuit waiting to be road tested, and at least it wasn't windy this time. Warning up (with t shirt under skinsuit and jacket on top), I was actually too hot - had to sneak back to HQ to ditch the t shirt; then abandon the jacket at the start. Very glad that I had opted for a long sleeve skinsuit - though arms were feeling pretty cold and wet very quickly. Seeing as there was so much rain on my visor that I could hardly see (must get some of that spray stuff to clear it), this was very much raced on feel (though a brief glance at the clock as I passed the finish of the 10 course showed that I was pretty much on my 10 pace (usually about 30 secs off on a 25). Sure I committed a heinous breach of TT etiquette - coming back past the start on the second lap, someone started just before I came through. He seemed to be riding at a similar pace to me (but with fresh legs) - wasn't sure I had enough to get past. Backed off a bit, but on a bit of an incline, found I was catching him, so put my foot down and overtook. Then, after the turnaround, he came past me. Again, backed off a bit like a good girl, but again found myself catching him... debated what to do, but decided to pass (which I know, strictly speaking, I shouldn't)... later again, a rider two behind him, closely followed by this rider, came past me. Nearing the finish, I could feel a PB on the cards; started to catch him again, so decided to put my foot down and go for it. Straight past again - and it is the first time in a race that I have got what I describe as my 'QOM feeling' in my legs - a bit like when you put your foot on the accelerator in a really powerful sports car - felt like I was flying to the finish. Massive new PB of 1:03:40 :D :D http://www.strava.com/activities/82418691.
Back to HQ quickly for a change of clothes, as soggy and frozen. Quick cup of tea and flapjack (North Hampshire Road Club definitely do the best cakes - will be seeking out their events again next year).
Then off to Guildford for 3 hours of painting & decorating to try and get our rental property ready to let, before finally getting home. Just soooo tired - random stuff like a song on the radio had me in tears on the way home. Definitely time for a break now, so much as I am tempted to do Hever, I think that will be the end of the season for me - best to quit on a high note.
Now, time to put the TT bike to bed for the winter (well, OK, onto the turbo actually, seeing as the old turbo bike has inconsiderately moved abroad) - and anyway, it needs to loan a back wheel to Champ until I get his one fixed.
Also toying with the idea of heading up to Bridgtown for a follow up bike fit. Based on a few races on H25/8 in varying conditions, I definitely seem to do disproportionately badly in the wind, so think I need to get more aero, and also after more than 10 miles on the tri bars, my wrists go completely numb - perhaps need change to straighter bars, more like my clip on Profile T2s, which I have never had this issue with?

I now declare the 2013 season done - time to review this year, and start pondering next (and hopefully get some decent riding done in the hilly before the weather gets too grotty)
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Worrying Will » 15 Sep 2013 08:26

Absolutely brilliant ccs. Well done
Thinks to much about it all
Worrying Will

Postby Tritans » 15 Sep 2013 09:13

I know what you mean about The Proclaimers, they reduce me to tears as well.

What a great season. Seriously impressed by your application, and you've been rewarded with some great results.

Well done.

Confucius
Tritans

Postby Jack Hughes » 15 Sep 2013 09:17

Good job.

Worth reading the rules on drafting and pacing.

Worth working on flexiblity and appropriate strength exercises too to help hold that position.

Definitely have a tweak of the position.

Sell your buy to let and buy a power meter and disc.

Excellent season by the way!

You need to work out where Michelle A lives. She seems quite friendly. Would make a good training partner :)

Although you would probably benefit from goin out with Ade over the winter.
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby Jimba » 15 Sep 2013 09:30

Great result and a great season CCS. That's a blistering time.

Mike can get you more aero, but not necessarily faster. You should be able to do some experimenting on your turbo to get an idea of how different positions affect your power, you could then go to Mike with options for him to fine tune. That's my plan anyway!
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs