Hello

General chat and questions go here

Re: Hello

Postby Bopomofo » 21 Dec 2017 13:54

Had a silly year work-wise. Too damned much of it.

Many, many abortive attempts to kick-start a training plan while battling my usual demons. Hit a new PB on the bathroom scales (98.7kg) this morning, unfortunately.

BUT I am getting more turbo trainer hours in, tinkering around the edges of a Sufferfest training plan. I'm also heading towards the Tour of Sufferlandria in February... that insane turbo challenge that won me an iPad (!) in 2014.

I'd love to do another triathlon but there would be a lot of work to do, mainly in the pool: I used to be a fish, but have only been in the water 11 times in the last two years :cry:

I haven't run since August (that was a shock when I looked that one up) and my lovely TT bike hasn't been on the road since early 2016, either.

I might start posting here for the motivation!
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Kevy427 » 21 Dec 2017 23:24

Flabbymofo wrote:I might start posting here for the motivation!

Get off your arse and do something, fat boy

Is that a good enough start? ;)
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby Jack Hughes » 25 Dec 2017 09:26

Not sure if I've even been swimming this year.

Been too broken to run.

And not much better on the bike.

Everything is going in the wrong direction.

Definitely some sensible goals to aim for.

Hell of the Worth is all planned though, if anyone wants to kick off their year with an "exciting" bike ride.

About 3 months time. 24th March.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby S11 » 21 Feb 2018 15:02

So....haven't been on here much...like zero really.

Would like to try and revive it, even if its just a forum rather than a club.

So....been struggling recently as got sent away to work away from home for the best of 2years now so training became zero as I started eating...and eating....and eating.

Back home now but in between that I am mid way through my Masters in Construction Law - and just about to push the button on setting up my own company which I'm aiming to start growing slowly as I finish off my LLM.

Training for the first time starts in earnest Mid March - whatever comes out of it results wise is fine as its really a season to find my feet again.

Got a new dog...most will know after the legend S11 passed away.

Irondog aka Douglas (Golden Retreiver). He had big shoes to fill....well he filled them and then some. He's my world.....sad but I'm a dog lover.

Trying furiously to make the corner is turned and I'm hoping that setting up for myself ( it has to happen) will be that so that I'm in control rather being sent away to work in some remote place again.

Onwards and Upwards
S11

Blog: View Blog (41)

Postby Kevy427 » 22 Feb 2018 22:05

Working for yourself is the only way to (a) make proper money and (b) be fully in control

It also has numerous advantages such as a wallet full of cash, a huge home, an Audi RS4, being in the pub by high noon on a Friday. Oh, hang on, I meant to say you’ll be working ridiculously long hours both on the job and at home, chasing money, worrying, dealing with stupid people, and most importantly being a tax collector for the Government. Still, I wouldn’t change it
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby apnoea » 24 Feb 2018 14:42

Hi All
Miss coming here....my training non existent at the moment..I did manage a 5150 in december then despite all good intentions have done nothing since then :oops:
Apparently this parenthood things takes up a bit of the training time ;)
B did 70.3 in jan and doing full in apr then another half in june so have a little involvement in the tri world
Hope your feet sort themselves out soon tarka....sonofsammo you look like you have your hands full(on facebook anyway)...hope you have a good hell of the worth jack
apnoea
Posts a bit, but not too much

Postby jonathon.e » 28 Feb 2018 19:21

I seem to have mediocre days and bad days, good intentions fall by the wayside, but hopefully, whatever nightmares the future holds, are but dreams compared to what is behind me. A few Triathlon based ideas this year if I can get my act into gear.
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby flavadave » 07 Mar 2018 13:43

Well, it'll be six years this year since this club/forum got me round IMUK. I didn't do it in style, and could have been better prepared, but I was proud to wear my BCTTT outfit and think I full represented the ethos of the club.

Currently recovering from a hernia operation, but prior to that, did get myself round the Milton Keynes half marathon last month.

I too have ambitions to tackle another triathlon, but my bike hangs on the wall of my garage, pretty much unused since IMUK 2012, and my wetsuits (yes I have three for reasons I can't remember) lie crumpled in a plastic box. Been getting back to running though and signed up for the Chelmsford marathon (October) for the third year in a row. Might actually make the start line this time round! I've got another 5-6 weeks of rest before the marathon plan gets a dusting off.

Hope everyone dropping in that reads this is doing well and thanks for the motivation over the years!
flavadave

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby jonathon.e » 08 Mar 2018 21:22

Great to see you are still around Dave, and still racing :D
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby S11 » 20 Mar 2018 14:58

flavadave wrote:Well, it'll be six years this year since this club/forum got me round IMUK. I didn't do it in style, and could have been better prepared, but I was proud to wear my BCTTT outfit and think I full represented the ethos of the club.

Currently recovering from a hernia operation, but prior to that, did get myself round the Milton Keynes half marathon last month.

I too have ambitions to tackle another triathlon, but my bike hangs on the wall of my garage, pretty much unused since IMUK 2012, and my wetsuits (yes I have three for reasons I can't remember) lie crumpled in a plastic box. Been getting back to running though and signed up for the Chelmsford marathon (October) for the third year in a row. Might actually make the start line this time round! I've got another 5-6 weeks of rest before the marathon plan gets a dusting off.

Hope everyone dropping in that reads this is doing well and thanks for the motivation over the years!

Good to hear from you again Dave. Stick around....the forum seems to be picking back up a bit
S11

Blog: View Blog (41)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion