The long road to Ruin(ed ankles, knees whatever else breaks)

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: The long road to Ruin(ed ankles, knees whatever else bre

Postby md6 » 07 Sep 2015 11:16

So last week was spent drinking - I did swim a bit on Thursday, and I took the bike home. Went out Friday night...not sure that was really good prep for Saturday.

Saturday:
I did a little bike ride, completely balls out and I felt very sick afterwards.
Then I took down a decking in the garden and dug out ready for the frame and concrete I will be pouring next week.

Sunday:
finished digging as I found 7 large (4 inch thick) paving slabs buried where I was levelling. So I had to dig down more, and move then bury them - thankfully I had help.

Monday:
cycled into work, took it very easy just turning the legs over. I didn't have anything in them at all after the weekend digging, race etc. Playing 5-a-side at lunchtime.
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby md6 » 11 Sep 2015 12:10

well, a bit of an update, since Monday I've done nothing. I found halfway through football that I had no legs, no energy and felt rather nauseous that feeling didn't go away even after getting back to the office. In fact it was so bad that I didn't eat lunch (!!!!) or anything else for that matter until I got home and had 2 slices of toast, then went to bed. I woke up the next morning - about 3ish - feeling awful, a bit of a cough and body aches, but worst of all, a dodgy stomach. I spent the next 3 days feeling like that, and hadn't been in work. Finally back in the office today but no training and won't do anything over the weekend either. Bugger, its only 3 weeks until Hever...still at least I have time to recover and feel healthy before the big day. If not feel trained, its annoying as this was going to be another big training week with a 10 mile + run home from work planned on Tuesday, 1500 swim tt planned and a long bike (hilly) planned for Saturday then a bike/run brick on sunday. All out the window now I will have to rely on what ever I have in the tank as theres no training benefit to smashing anything after this week. :cry:

New target for hever - finish - in under 7 hours.

Oh and whilst my cough has gone, the body aches and s**ts haven't yet. f**k
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby md6 » 21 Sep 2015 17:00

So after getting over my cold and stomach bug I decided to do some final prep training before hever, so I did a mini strange distance tri on satuday.

Swim: 2k, just kept the pace steady and easy, sets of 400, 400, 800, 400. a little warm down and then off for a bit of a run

Run: 10k (well just over) in 50 mins or so, the garmin didn't record the first 300 or 400m. felt good, nice and steady HR was a little high for the pace but I assumed that was down to the red wine with dinner the night before and having been for a swim. Feltgood and off I went to get the bike to ride home from the office (its next to the gym where I was swimming)

Cycle: I had planned to do around 20 miles or so to bring it to nearly an oly distance for the day but as I hit the first of my planned hills I realised that something wasn't right, yes I had a bag on, and no I wasn't fresh but I just struggled to breath properly. chest was tight, and felt hollow. Canned it and headed home.

Sunday:
Woke up at about 2am, boiling hot with a sore throat and slight cough...which has continued to get worse throughout the last two days.

F**K

I now have until Thursday morning to be clear of this if i'm going to do Hever. Obviously I hadn't recovered fully from the cold (despite feeling fine for 4 days before my training session) and this brought it right back. Not happy at all
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby md6 » 25 Sep 2015 08:55

well the chesty cough and cold hasn't cleared, its a lot better than it was, but not cleared so not going to risk Hever. So that's the end of my season as I won't risk doing the sportive I had planned for next weekend before my holiday.

I guess this'll go quiet until I get back into strength training and stuff in November. I've off for a holiday and will take a break to mentally recharge and get over my shi*t year. Next year will be better. 8-)
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby IanM » 25 Sep 2015 09:36

Bad news :( Wise decision though.

Here's to a great 2016!
IanM

Postby md6 » 25 Sep 2015 11:24

cheers, its the right decision, but i'm not pleased about it. I blame the lack of a tt bike...something I should aim to fix in 2016! :lol:
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby IanM » 25 Sep 2015 11:35

md6 wrote:I blame the lack of a tt bike...something I should aim to fix in 2016! :lol:

I hear Peugeot have got a nice one ;)
IanM

Previous

Return to Training Logs