Willy Waving

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Willy Waving

Postby jonathon.e » 24 Jun 2015 15:37

willy_1977 wrote:Ok...

I have a chimp - he's called Brian.

Weigh in / BF% tonight, will report findings - actually itching to get out on the bike! not felt like this for a long time, but workout B on 5x5 tonight :)

Nice name for a chimp.

Good that you feel the urge to get out, great news :D
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Jack Hughes » 24 Jun 2015 16:02

He's not a chimp, he's a very naughty boy!
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby willy_1977 » 25 Jun 2015 00:12

Jack Hughes wrote:He's not a chimp, he's a very naughty boy!

It was Brian or Gerald ... "Of course he was wild when I first caught him..."

"Wild! I was livid"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Venimus, vidimus, bibimus.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby willy_1977 » 25 Jun 2015 10:26

Didn't have the results with me last night so here goes:

Last week: 279lb
This week: 277lb

Last week: 43.7% bf
This week: 44.7%bf

As I thought, a 2lb loss :) happy with that, slow and steady continuous loss - but to be honest 8lb lost in two weeks :D happy with that. My current short term goal is to continue enjoying and then continuing losing weight to get to a 10% loss - i.e. 28lb loss altogether, this has (allegedly) been proven to help with health immensely - reducing diabetes risk as well as reducing the strain on the heart both good things to aim at in my book :)

getting to bed tired and sleeping a solid 6-7hrs this is the best it's been for a long time!

Mrs W found out bcttt trisuit I remember it being snug at the time doubt I'll be putting that on for a while, but in spirit I'll be in team kit :)

I'd love to get to the point where I can cycle to work - there's no shower here though so would have to take it very steady - don't want to be stinking the place out :)
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby md6 » 25 Jun 2015 11:10

sounds like a sensible plan Lee, hope it keeps going in the right direction!
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Jack Hughes » 25 Jun 2015 11:58

Well done!

I would suggest that what is more important is what you have done, and how you have eaten. And how you felt about it afterwards.

This will help you when you look back. The actually weight/Bf is of secondary importance to doing stuff.

Set yourself movement and eating goals for each day.

E.g. A 30 min walk which gets a bit of a sweat on.
A plan of what you are going to eat.

When it is raining. Or a bag of chips presents itself, remind your self of the goals.

When you want to curl up and comfort eat, go outside instead and listen to the birds or whatever.

In fact, that is what I am doing right now!
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby willy_1977 » 25 Jun 2015 13:03

Thanks,

Yeah Jack - daily goals is a good thing, I am using myfitnesspal which allows me to track food and endomondo feeds into that too, so I get data about what I did and can look back.

For instance my first week I lost 6lb some undoubtedly due to "water weight" but equally I'm needing to add on more cardio as this last week that took a back seat - due to time constraints - plus also the intake whilst monitored hasn't been as overtly healthy, so small changes in diet now to make sure they stick.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 25 Jun 2015 13:05

Great stuff willy, a loss is a loss, and any movement in the right direction is a great thing. Keep up the good work!
Sir Jibbenstein

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby willy_1977 » 26 Jun 2015 09:47

A loss is a loss that's true :D Thanks.

Have a busy weekend of "cross training" aka gardening and housework.

Good news on comfort eating front so far - 2 weeks without doing it first for a long time.

So last night was at a friends playing board games :D :ugeek: called it early so I could get to the gym, wtaf - but it felt good to not blow off the workout :D

Last night was 5x5 Workout B:

5 x 5 27.5kg Squat
5 x 5 22.5kg Overhead Press
1 x 5 45kg Deadlift

Looking forward to every workout again as I'm making strength gains - I'm not daft enough to think I couldn't have a larger 1 rep max than 27.5kg on the squat, but this way I'm adding weight every session without damaging myself so it "tricks" me into feeling good - which in itself is a good thing.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby IanM » 26 Jun 2015 10:42

Awesome stuff Lee!

2 weeks without comfort eating is really well going, quite a considerable psychological threshold there.

willy_1977 wrote:I'd love to get to the point where I can cycle to work - there's no shower here though so would have to take it very steady - don't want to be stinking the place out

I've got some of this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muc-Off-Dry-Sho ... B009IUT4EQ - not used it yet, but it's supposed to be good, so might be worth considering for riding to work without having shower facilities.
IanM

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs