Who Ate All The Pies

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Who Ate All The Pies

Postby Big_Show » 27 Jan 2015 18:35

Tritans wrote:No my back is fine. The problem is where my shoulder meets my neck.

Definitely not somewhere higher up?
Big_Show

Postby Tritans » 27 Jan 2015 18:37

No. My ears are fine.

Penned in the finest quill from The Royal County.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby md6 » 28 Jan 2015 13:30

I found with my TT that it took a while to get 'comfortable' on it. Think numbness, then pins and needles, then pain. But the answer basically was to MTFU and deal with it. After a while, the saddle issue went away, and as I tweaked the width of the bars the shoulder/neck issue cleared up too. I had them slightly too narrow and a fraction too far forward. Hopefully that'll help.
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby kfjatek » 28 Jan 2015 13:57

Tritans wrote:No my back is fine. The problem is where my shoulder meets my neck. I would say last years collarbone op is the more likely culprit. I think the narrowness of the tribars isn't helping, they arent designed for 2nd row forwards and as a result exacerbate the pinching feeling in my neck.

Had a similar problem last year after a fit with Mike on the Argon - ended up setting the pads wider to ease off pressure on my shoulders/arms. A world of difference. May work for you too, we're a similar build (think wide shoulders).

Tritans wrote:As for saddles, I have no problem on the roadie, but as you rotate forward on the TT it puts more pressure on the perineum, think this is more solvable tbh, just a lot of trial and error.

Which saddle did it come with? Hilo RXL? Mike suggested that one to me, but it was still a bit too hard for me - landed with an Adamo/ISM, which is probably as soft as they get. Have a go with that one when you're up in Cannock on Friday.

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Tritans » 28 Jan 2015 15:19

Bring a delicate little thing, I found the nose of the Adamo was too wide and gave me saddle sores. I'm trying out the new Selle Italia version.

Although when all is said and done, it could be that MD6 has a point, JFDI.

Confucius
Tritans

Postby IanM » 28 Jan 2015 16:35

I didn't get on with the Hilo RXL when it was fitted to my bike. Now, 6 months (and a bike fit or 2) later, I don't even think about it - which must mean I've adjusted to it. So yes, there's _possibly_ a element of MTFU/JFDI.

Shame I'm not at a loose end on Friday, otherwise I'd come over and give you some abuse, erm, say hi :)
IanM

Postby Tritans » 02 Feb 2015 09:59

So the end of a pretty productive January. Highest volume for over 18months and biggest January for 3 years. More importantly of that volume I'm quite happy that each session had a purpose, which probably hasn't been the case in previous IM years.

I'm pleased with my fortitude, I've made it out of the door on several occasions, when my overwhelming thought was not to go. Although When the weather makes the my most anticipated session (sundays "long" ride) a chore, I do start craving a bit of warmth.

Sunday brings Wokers HM. An important race for me it was the first race back after my back issue, where being unable to walk again was a distinct possibility. Not often I get emosh, but I did that day. So i always aim to run it, no matter how unfit.

It wont be great, but am using it as a long run in preparation for The Ding HM next month.

In other news, a very successful trip to Bridgtown last week, saw Mike perform miracles, and get my position positively armchair like. So much so that I rushed home to do a turbo session to check it out ! Although not 100% happy with the saddle, the position is a 100% improvement.

Onwards and upwards.

Confucius
Tritans

Postby Jack Hughes » 02 Feb 2015 10:12

What was the position change?

Minor tweaks, or going from aggressive 1 hour position, to comfy all day still got a run to do IM position?
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby IanM » 02 Feb 2015 10:13

Great news about the position. Saddle wise - took me months to get used to mine (hated it at first), but now I don't even think about it. Hopefully that's an extreme example and you'll get used to yours quickly (especially as you do more long rides than I do).
IanM

Postby Tritans » 02 Feb 2015 10:38

He was able to rase the base bars by about 25mm and the Tri bars by another 25mm. Which sounds a lot. But hasn't made a huge difference to how flat my back looks.
I use Leander Cave as an example, (i've spent a bit of time studying her position :-) ). She is comparatively tall, and her position is a little more upright than the shorter elites, but it doesn't appear to hamper her too much.

I only use it on the Turbo atm. Which does tend to exacerbate any discomfort, So I'm optimistic the saddle issue will resolve itsef

Confucius
Tritans

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs