Stone Wheeler's 25, may 2015 probably

Stone Wheeler's 25, may 2015 probably

Postby Jack Hughes » 15 Sep 2014 12:19

OK, This is an event worth targeting, as IanM will be a long to attest very shortly.

It's on a fast course, so hard to get in.

Except it has preference to riders in a club from the "J" district. And because Sir Conehead lives in "J", that happens to be where BCTTT is registered.

So we get a priority pass into this event.

Should be May, but when the race calendar is finalised, we shall find out before.

But if you want to "go under", then this could be a great opportunity to do so (weather permitting, of course).

Anyway, this is well worth targeting, and worth a £25 stop at the local travelodge or round Kidstardust's house.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Re: Stone Wheeler's 25, may 2015 probably

Postby Jack Hughes » 15 Sep 2014 12:20

Might be even worth Ewan "the Hour" Mac sticking his hand down the back of his Student Sofa to find £15 for club membership, and race under the auspices of BCTTT next year. Just a thought :D
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby IanM » 15 Sep 2014 12:51

There is a bit of a rumbling that next year might be the last year of this course, or maybe even this year due to scheduled improvements. Fingers crossed for next year, at least.
IanM

Postby Ewan » 15 Sep 2014 12:54

That does present an odd quandary...

I'm 99% certain I'll be going gold as of christmas time anyway... for various logistical reasons I need to be a member of the Uni Tri club at the moment, but once the DPhil is finished that will all be irrelevant and I'll be back in gold (and shiny yellow race kit).

However, if I want to continue to get a ride on the local club TTs then I'll also need to be a member of one of the organising road clubs (currently OxonianCC). Even if I am gold, I believe my Oxo membership would preclude me entering as BCTTT under CTT regulations?
Ewan

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Worrying Will » 15 Sep 2014 13:04

Depending on how things go I may pop down have have a go. Just need to find a busy road to practice on
Thinks to much about it all
Worrying Will

Postby Jack Hughes » 15 Sep 2014 13:27

Ewan wrote:That does present an odd quandary...

I'm 99% certain I'll be going gold as of christmas time anyway... for various logistical reasons I need to be a member of the Uni Tri club at the moment, but once the DPhil is finished that will all be irrelevant and I'll be back in gold (and shiny yellow race kit).

However, if I want to continue to get a ride on the local club TTs then I'll also need to be a member of one of the organising road clubs (currently OxonianCC). Even if I am gold, I believe my Oxo membership would preclude me entering as BCTTT under CTT regulations?

You can be in as many clubs as you want. But only one first claim in a season (or you can change once in a season). I don't think it's like Tri where you have to notify the central authorities... just the sort of thing that someone could complain about. The thing to check is whether you can do your club TTs as a second claim member (don't see why not, as they get the money). I'm not sure if it matters who you compete under in a club TT either....
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby Jack Hughes » 15 Sep 2014 13:29

IanM wrote:There is a bit of a rumbling that next year might be the last year of this course, or maybe even this year due to scheduled improvements. Fingers crossed for next year, at least.

Oh dear.

As far as I can see, the current "fast" 25 courses are:

The south wales one (and subtle variants) R district
The Etwall one (A distict)
And this one (J District).
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby CCS » 15 Sep 2014 16:20

Got this penciled into the calendar for next year
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby IanM » 19 Mar 2015 07:46

Bumping as it's been confirmed by Stone Wheelers that both their 25s on the A50 won't be disrupted by roadworks this year.

So as a reminder, if you want to ride one of the absolute fastest 25 courses, but don't have a qualifying time, enter the May 16 event - members of BCTTT will get preference over non Manchester district clubs.

@Tritans, I hope this is on your radar, if it fits with your IM training.
IanM

Postby Jack Hughes » 19 Mar 2015 08:33

Ask me in 1 month's time :)
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Next

Return to Cycling Time Trials