TT position - useful stretches / exercises?

Post your questions about bike maintenance, bike problems, kit issues, goggle issues – anything to do with the kit you have which isn’t quite going to plan and you’re looking for an answer why.

Re: TT position - useful stretches / exercises?

Postby Jack Hughes » 21 Mar 2014 10:44

CCS wrote:Not wanting to rub it in or anything, Ben.... but your old bike is really comfortable!
No pain on the TT for me (unless you could in the legs when they get tired) :lol:

Indeed. I don't practice at all - only ride it in TT mode in TTs and it is fine. And, yes, I have done a 25 on it, not just 10s.

+2 for the (old) Orbea Ordus.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Bendy Ben » 21 Mar 2014 19:52

I had to sell it. Gutted wasn't the word but I genuinely am glad it's getting spanked.
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Jack Hughes » 21 Mar 2014 20:21

Bendy Ben wrote:I had to sell it. Gutted wasn't the word but I genuinely am glad it's getting spanked.

I'm sure CCS will let you go round once in a while to give it it a loving clean.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Britspin » 28 Mar 2014 13:31

I meant to post on this earlier..damn work keeps coming up, as per the strength training bit, establish what is tight or/and your limiter. Establish why it is tight/limiting. For example you may feel a tighness in the hamstring, a shortness that needs stretching, not necessarily. The muscle may be held in tension due to the position of the pelvis, maybe rolled back in the saddle, so stretching will not really help & potentially create stability problems as the new length (although stretching is rarely THAT good/effective) would destabilise the pelvis when it is in its normal 'neutral' position.
If it is neck & shoulders then it will mostly, as pointed out, be tension & isometric type contractions holding a set position for an extended time, flexibilty per se will assist a little, but riding in that position for progressively longer times would be best, with a break to loosen as needed, the aerodynamic cost would be likely outweighed by the potential issues of tightness later in the bike & on the run.
Britspin
Spends enough time on forum to incur WAT/HAT/BAT/GAT comments

Previous

Return to Technical FAQ