Interview

Someone done a good job? Deserving of a big hand on the BCTTT forum? Tell all here….

Re: Interview

Postby kfjatek » 20 May 2013 22:09

Oh, various. Last time I was being interviewed and felt like it wasn't the right fit - and the guy I was supposedly to work for turned out to be a complete c*ck - I asked my interviewer what was the latest novel that he'd read. Got a blank stare back. Priceless, that look. ;-)

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby JoddyBear » 21 May 2013 09:21

I just withdrew from an interview tomorrow.

Apparently its ok to advertise a job, and then ask for a presentation on how you think a proposed restructure will amend the role - i'm sorry but as i'm not in the role yet, how the f*ck would i know? tossers

time for new horizons methinks. shame really, 11 years here, have seem the little firm i joined bought up, expanded, merged and become a FTSE100 company. :cry:
JoddyBear

Postby sonofsammo » 21 May 2013 09:24

JoddyBear wrote:Apparently its ok to advertise a job, and then ask for a presentation on how you think a proposed restructure will amend the role - i'm sorry but as i'm not in the role yet, how the f*ck would i know? tossers

Am fairly sure that's not ok. Surely?
Twats.
I've done DNF. I've done DNS.
The future is DNE :D

http://www.justgiving.com/getbeatricemobile
sonofsammo

Blog: View Blog (51)

Postby didds » 21 May 2013 20:57

Reminded me of a contract role I allied for once - a 4 minute presentation on <whatever>. I'm not a manager, or a salesman, never ever had to do one in anger (RFU Level 2 coaching award on scrum half play was probably the only ever other one!)... s aid so in the per-interview phone non-interview-that-obviously-is... not a problem says the guy, we're not interested in slick presentation skills.

so I go and do the presentation. Don;t get the role - fair enough but i ask for feedback. "you took too long. You were asked for 4 mionutes, you did 4:45. The presentation was to check your time management".

So I got judged on my ability to do something i had never really done before, isn't needed in my job and bears no relation to what I do/the job actuially was for.

Bizarre.

The one that took the biscuit though was an interview for a 4 week 920 days) contract. the interviewer looked at my CONTRACTORS cv and asked "You seem to have had a lot of jobs in a very few years." Alarm bells rang at that juncture - I was pleased i didn't get it. How can you possibly have the gal;l to offer a 4 eek contract and query why a contractor has had several contracts in a few years! (All of them substantially longer than 4 weeks!)

I could go on. I may entertain you with some more some other time. If you're lucky.

didds
didds
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Seasider71 » 29 May 2013 12:23

Never got it :(

Never mind I still live in hope that a job arranging cycling events and mmmcake will come along one day. :D

At least I am in a job that I sort of enjoy at present, just get a bit bored at times.
Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kevy427 » 29 May 2013 13:35

Shame, but these things happen for a reason - their loss...

Seasider71 wrote:Never mind I still live in hope that a job arranging cycling events and mmmcake will come along one day. :D

It won't be all its cracked up to be ;)
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby JoddyBear » 21 Nov 2013 19:31

Interesting twist today, having missed out on a previous job as mentioned above there was a rumour that another post might be required on a different site. I mentioned in passing to the regional manager that I regretted not pursuing the last job and would potentially like to be considered when they advertise the new one.

An hour later he basically offered it to me as a 12mth secondment.

Its quite a bit further from home, but they will apparently cover the additional mileage cost, although I need to discuss my childcare arrangements for the days when peej works as I currently have to be home by 5 on Friday and every other Thursday.

To make things more fun, I then got an email half an hour later from HR at Rolls Royce saying they liked my LinkedIn profile and would I be interested in further details on a job they have open at the moment...

I almost feel good about things at the moment :-)
JoddyBear

Postby Big_Show » 21 Nov 2013 19:49

Good for you mate! Cracking stroke of luck there.

...send some of it my would you please?
Big_Show

Postby Bendy Ben » 22 Nov 2013 00:11

Cue Jody rocking up to races in a Rolls. :lol: :lol:
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Bopomofo » 22 Nov 2013 00:39

Bendy Ben wrote:Cue Jody rocking up to races in a Rolls. :lol: :lol:

Got to be better than Tritans rocking up in a Jeeaaggg with a broken bike in the boot.
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Slap On The Back From The BCTTT