Olivia

Someone done a good job? Deserving of a big hand on the BCTTT forum? Tell all here….

Olivia

Postby Bendy Ben » 13 Oct 2012 13:32

My eldest (7) is really enjoying sport at the moment.

So far today she has been to gymnastics - recently asked to take part in a inter club competition so was up on her own this am and I found her doing the full splits and stretching before breakfast!!!

She can tumble, vault and believe it or not is starting on the parallel bars!

Then after gymnastics we drove to tennis. LTA coach - one hour lesson. She's reasonably good at tennis but loves the social aspect of it, the outdoors and running around until she's tired.

Home for lunch then a short rest then she's racing in her first swimming gala this afternoon. 50m she's got to swim! I'm sure she's going to enjoy it - I know she can swim that far cos she's done it a few times before but again she just loves it.

Why am I proud - cos we haven't pushed any of this. We ask her if she wants to do stuff - she says yes- we part with the cash and she gets to go.

Now she wants to cycle to school everyday as they reward kids for exercising and she wants "to race her bike when she's a bit bigger" flies along on two wheels too!

I'm chuffed to see her enjoying sport, the outdoors and she's very social and confident too.
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Olivia

Postby Jack Hughes » 13 Oct 2012 13:35

Well done

Her Mum must be a good sporting role model for her.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Bendy Ben » 13 Oct 2012 13:52

Very funny Hughes ;)
Bendy Ben

Postby Big_Show » 13 Oct 2012 14:54

That's brilliant! That's the same approach my parents and the rest of my family took with me, my sister and my cousins - encouraged to try any sport we wanted to and let us keep doing it as long as we were enjoying it. We're all still doing at least one sport because of it.
Big_Show

Postby kfjatek » 14 Oct 2012 13:53

Bendy Ben wrote:Why am I proud - cos we haven't pushed any of this. We ask her if she wants to do stuff - she says yes- we part with the cash and she gets to go.

Way to go Ben - exactly what my parents did with me, back in the days when everything in Poland was sort of black & white and organising the cash to part with wasn't quite as easy as it is today. I'm massively grateful to them for this, wouldn't be where I am right now if it hadn't been for their unfaltering belief (till this day) in that the more things I get to try when I'm growing up, the more likely I'd be to find a path in life that really suits me. I'm sure she'll be too when she grows up.

Go Olivia!

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby didds » 15 Oct 2012 19:10

well done Olivia :-)

makes me smile because NGBs typically have set limits to the amount of rugby/whatever kids can do per session/day/week/season etc. This includes amateur singing performances for example.

But of course any kids can do 90 minutes rugby (that's it for the day) followed by 90 minutes of hockey (that's it for the day), and hour';s swimming (thats it for the day) walk the dogs for an hour, help in the garden etc etc ... all in one day and none of it "against any rules" :-0

didds
didds
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Bendy Ben » 15 Oct 2012 19:46

Er

She was first out the water ! Good grief !!

Now she has put in a request for climbing shoes and a new bike. That's Xmas sorted then
Bendy Ben

Postby Worrying Will » 15 Oct 2012 22:03

its great when they find something the like. Well done olivia
Thinks to much about it all
Worrying Will

Return to Slap On The Back From The BCTTT