Mum, Dad, and Faith

Someone done a good job? Deserving of a big hand on the BCTTT forum? Tell all here….

Mum, Dad, and Faith

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 01 Oct 2012 19:35

So there have been slap on the backs for me, but to be honest I don't know how much I deserve them. Yesterday was an achievement, but it sounds like it was a far tougher ordeal for other people. There is no way I would have crossed the finish line yesterday without the help and encouragement of Mum, Dad, an Faith. Despite still recovering from breaking her ankle Mum has been an absolute trooper coming out here, walking around town, and just being a Mum. Dad has of course helped me no end too, especially with carrying the bags, and was there cheering alongside mum.

Faith deserves a special mention. She has been an absolutely awesome friend over the past few months, and I doubt I would have made that start line in the mindset I could have finished yesterday, let alone entertaining the ideas of times I was without her support along the way. Then there is the fact she was even out here, having raced Hever in the morning, to then get on the plane in the afternoon, take 2 trains in Spain and arrive at the hotel after 11 the night before, grab a few hours sleep, then be my rock as I almost had a panic attack pre race. Look after my bag. Support me at various points on the course, then give me the reception I got when I left the athletes area (I now understand why).

I feel truly privileged to have had the support I did. Thank you.
Sir Jibbenstein

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Slap On The Back From The BCTTT