Strava

Someone done a good job? Deserving of a big hand on the BCTTT forum? Tell all here….

Re: Strava

Postby ris » 17 Jul 2012 14:47

i've got the editor of cycling plus in my region, and he seems to enjoy taking his tester bikes out on my routes. it's keeping me on my toes, though, if i want to be any higher than second on the hills round here.
most disturbing in lycra, 2010, 2012, 2013
club champ 2015
ris

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby md6 » 17 Jul 2012 16:19

I apparently ride some strange routes as i had a fastest sprint sengment along a part of the route i take easy - its between 2 rather nice hills and i didn't want to kill myself, and i was 2nd on a hill too. Now anyone who was at Les Stable will know that is wrong because i can't really go 'up' hills, more like roll to a stop and then explode :o :lol:

but it does look like some good kit and i will be using it more when i finally get out on the bike again... :oops:
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby nivagh » 17 Jul 2012 16:54

I'm on a mission to take the CR on all the hill run segments near me :ninja:

(After that, I shall revert to scowling at horses and trying to make babies cry through sheer force of will.)
Last edited by nivagh on 17 Jul 2012 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
nivagh
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby nivagh » 17 Jul 2012 16:59

Seasider71 wrote:I have a segment near me that someone has logged over 70kph on a flatish section for about 2km, whereas the most all others reach is 38kph, annoying when people log their times in a car or on a motorbike.

It's no problem just to flag them. And I know I sound like a whining nancy to complain about chain gangs or RR on a segment, but in all sincerity, there's no chance of a solo rider beating a segment on a serious RR circuit. So the development of something to separate the different "types" of ride might be welcome. On the other hand, Where do you then draw the line before insisting that people declare what type of bike they were on, what direction and strength the wind was, choice of wheel and tyre, tyre pressure, whether they had shaved their legs, ridden with mouth open or closed, had a pee before riding, etc. etc. etc.
nivagh
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby IanM » 18 Jul 2012 16:29

I'd be happy (and would pay the premium member fee) if they just fixed their segment matching algorithm so it actually picked up all of the segments that you ride through.
IanM

Previous

Return to Slap On The Back From The BCTTT