Craig and John

Someone done a good job? Deserving of a big hand on the BCTTT forum? Tell all here….

Craig and John

Postby andyb99 » 02 Jul 2012 09:43

Of course...i'll grab the headlines for my longest (and most painful) ever marathon...but i just want to Thank Craig Miskin and John Morgan (and the lovely Liz Morgan for keeping me company)
Both stepped in to do parts of what was supposed to be my A-Race...and both performed incredibly giving me a nice early start to my part of the race and thus making the pain a little more bearable.
If only i could run we'd have done a cracking time.

But thanks guys, it at least made me feel like i'd achieved something in what has been a terrible year (triathlon wise)

Craig is going to absolutely smash the world championships and john is going to do brilliant at IM Wales

Thanks Guys
andyb99
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Re: Craig and John

Postby IronMorg » 03 Jul 2012 10:29

my pleasure mate, i loved it and glad you persuaded me to do it :) although after spending 6 hours with you LIz has now gone from "I'm never doing a triathlon" to "hmmm might be quite interested in this depending on price of a bike!"... you are one salesman as I could never persuade her to do it! haha she also said how nice you and cheryl were in looking after her and said she's glad she joined our club as everybody she meets is so friendly :)
2015 season
22nd March - Ashby20
26th April - The London Marathon
13th September - The Great North Run
4th October - Chester Marathon
IronMorg
Spends enough time on forum to incur WAT/HAT/BAT/GAT comments

Postby andyb99 » 03 Jul 2012 10:48

Morg007 wrote:my pleasure mate, i loved it and glad you persuaded me to do it :) although after spending 6 hours with you LIz has now gone from "I'm never doing a triathlon" to "hmmm might be quite interested in this depending on price of a bike!"... you are one salesman as I could never persuade her to do it! haha she also said how nice you and cheryl were in looking after her and said she's glad she joined our club as everybody she meets is so friendly :)

yes mate she agreed the relays is a good idea....so get in touch with tarka see if there is a place in a team...or put our a shout for a ladies/mixed team....one other thing....she says you dont 'do camping'....better learn quick fella cause the big party is Sunday night!!!!
andyb99

Postby IronMorg » 03 Jul 2012 11:46

problem is she forgot (which is unusual for her as shes far more organised than me) that there is a clash the weekend of the relays in that we have our godaughters 2nd bday party to go to on the sunday and its my grans 90th bday the saturday and its also my biggest weekend of training before the 3 week taper..... I suggested she would be better off doing a pool sprint first as she wouldn't have to worry about the wetsuit then and that would be the cheaper alternative. we said next time I'm at Btown we'll have a chat with Mike as he won't push her for a sale and give her good advise on how much realistically she will need to pay.
2015 season
22nd March - Ashby20
IronMorg

Postby andyb99 » 03 Jul 2012 13:15

ahhh shame mate cause its a cracking party....you're not too far away so you could always come for the awards on the sunday night...its a great laugh and worth coming to on its own
andyb99

Postby wannabetri » 03 Jul 2012 21:32

Was a pleasure and a laugh. Little short of swim endurance but I will break that hour soon!

(I also heard a rumour the swim was 200m long!) :lol:
27/05 Nuffield OD; 09/06 Manc 50m TT; 10/06 Barton Marina OD; 30/06 Manc 50m TT; 01/07 Outlaw IM Swim; 14/07 - 3km OW Marlow; 15/07 Marlow OD; AG LD World Champs 29/07; Club relays 25+26/08;
wannabetri

Postby Big_Show » 04 Jul 2012 00:28

wannabetri wrote:(I also heard a rumour the swim was 200m long!) :lol:

I alao heare this rumour and hope it turns out to be true as I was aiming for a sub-65 swim with the wetsuit effect! :lol:
Big_Show

Postby IronMorg » 04 Jul 2012 08:53

regardless.. as I rode round it at the start of the bike leg it looked a f**king long way to swim! :D
2015 season
22nd March - Ashby20
IronMorg

Return to Slap On The Back From The BCTTT