Tritans

Someone done a good job? Deserving of a big hand on the BCTTT forum? Tell all here….

Tritans

Postby Kevy427 » 03 Sep 2014 22:52

This may belong in the shit list...

Today was a day of firsts. A resident of the Royal County of Berkshire venturing into the darkest depths of the Southern Riviera, and my first BCTTT group ride

Having arrived at the agreed rendezvous and dispensing with the pleasantries, and beginning to prepare for the ride ahead, I turn around to see Ade donning a single vinyl glove with a smile on his face and mumbling something about trying to get hooked on the ring again :o After a brief discussion about the route, Adrian had the ideal opportunity to stick his hand down the front of his shorts using the old 'applying chamois cream' excuse. Note to all - DO NOT shake hands with him unless you're wearing gloves

For those who remember that photo, I queried as to why there was only a small M-dot tattoo rather than the full Ironman Copenhagen description, finishing time and splits of all finishers tattooed on there ;)

Safety briefing complete and we set off. I mention to Ade that we'd be on a busy-ish road for the first few miles before turning off onto the quieter lanes, which elicited the response of "You'll be very familiar with them" :lol: And in another first, Adrian didn't have any form of road rage or show any aggression to other road users :shock:

35 miles of undulating countryside, banter, bolting his load too early up a climb, a foolish attempt on a KoM across a pedestrian bridge on the A27, sunshine and cake. All in all, a good day. I can honestly say that Adrian is a top bloke, charitable, genuine and proud to call him a twat. Sorry, friend. He went out of his way to come down and see me, for which I am truly appreciative given my current state. Thank you
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Re: Tritans

Postby kfjatek » 03 Sep 2014 22:59

:-) well done Ade!

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby King Sad » 03 Sep 2014 23:16

:grin:
It seemed like a good idea at the time :? .

http://www.KingSad.UK
King Sad
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Bopomofo » 04 Sep 2014 01:03

Good work, both.

@Kevy: I did say we'd be there. Twatans delivered first.

Give me another month or so and I reckon I'll be ready to rendevous at the QE Park, in my running shoes, so you can take me up the dirt track. :shock:
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Jack Hughes » 04 Sep 2014 06:20

He's a lovely boy. Once you get past that gnarled exterior. And a fair bit of interior too.

And refreshing that you managed a whole post without resorting to innuendo.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby jonathon.e » 04 Sep 2014 07:20

:D
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Tritans » 04 Sep 2014 08:02

FFS Kev !
I have a reputation to think of !

It was a nice ride, the roads were smooth, and the drivers courteous, quite a change from what I'm used to.

The pedestrian bridge has the potential to be the best strava segment ever, but it has been flagged :-(. Just because one slip would mean certain death on the A27, killjoys.

The was a slight mis communication about the intended distance, metrification hasn't quite reached Sussex yet, so 40km turned into 40 miles.

I let Kev have his moments of glory up the hills, I didn't want to embarrass him on his home turf.

A bit of obligatory #mmcake to conclude. homemade bakewell tart for me, chocolate cake for Kev, and not a sign of #mmfruitcake to be seen all day. Glad to see you feeling better old boy. (At least he was before spending 3 hours in my company)

Penned in the finest quill from The Royal County.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Return to Slap On The Back From The BCTTT