Club Records up for grabs

Club Records up for grabs

Postby IanM » 27 Dec 2014 17:51

As some have seen on Farcebunk, I'm riding for Bridgtown's race team next year. I'm still going to be in this club, and if by some random decision I decide to rock up and do a tri somewhere it'll be under the BCTTT flag. As for TTs, I'm obviously hoping to go faster next year but as I won't be racing under BCTTT that means that I won't be able to improve on the club records as the records are for those that have BCTTT as their club/team name when they enter an event.

So - I'm hoping this spurs an interest in members attempting to steal the 10, 25 & 50 records off me, without having the pressure of me trying to better them. IMO there's several people in and around the club who are, should or could be quick enough. The list of open events should be on the CTT site soon, so I hope this inspires people into dabbling further into TTs :)
IanM

Re: Club Records up for grabs

Postby ris » 28 Dec 2014 20:53

Good luck with next season, Ian - hope you have a great first one with BTown colours. I'd love to think I could get close to your times, I think i'd settle for just getting through a 10, 25 and 50!
most disturbing in lycra, 2010, 2012, 2013
club champ 2015
ris

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby IanM » 28 Dec 2014 21:09

Cheers Ris. Really looking forward to seeing how you get on on your TT bike - you're very much in the record contender category I'd say - I still remember you absolutely monstering the bike leg (and swim, and run) at Chase Race sprint in 2011.

(Just looked up the results - you were almost 3 minutes quicker on the bike, and finished 10th overall. Not too shabby ;) )
IanM

Postby CCS » 29 Dec 2014 10:35

In a parallel opening up of the women's records, I too will be racing for Bridgtown next season - so let's see some other members of the female persuasion having a go at TT-ing - it is loads of fun, and there is cake!
I will still be wheeling myself out for a couple of triathlons (keeping the BAT officer company, who wants to do a few) - so will be poorly trained, and under BCTTT colours for those.
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Moff » 29 Dec 2014 10:46

This is awesome; BCTTTers doing proper racing with actual teams. Really well done guys; smash it up next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bopomofo wrote:They've literally like seen him on telly, all on the news and that and then like come to see me and are all like "Here, you're into triaflon and ting, what about this nob?"
Moff

Postby Jack Hughes » 29 Dec 2014 11:11

club records up for grabs

I fully expected you to Be announcing that you have been caught with an adverse analytical finding from an out of competition test.

But, I agree that your times are not that of Reach for certain people. If they could be persuaded to have a go.

Would require focus though.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby IanM » 29 Dec 2014 14:05

Moff wrote:This is awesome; BCTTTers doing proper racing with actual teams. Really well done guys; smash it up next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Moff :)
IanM

Postby IanM » 29 Dec 2014 14:09

Jack Hughes wrote:
club records up for grabs

I fully expected you to Be announcing that you have been caught with an adverse analytical finding from an out of competition test.

I'll have you know my cake and wine values are within acceptable levels ;)

Jack Hughes wrote:But, I agree that your times are not that of Reach for certain people. If they could be persuaded to have a go.

Would require focus though.

Yep. I think the 25 record could potentially fall in May if people take advantage of the priority entry to the Stone Wheelers 25, as detailed elsewhere. Nice early season peak for those motivated to do so...

And whilst I don't profess to be any kind of expert, I'm more than happy to share my own course notes and other tips to help people go faster.
IanM

Postby Jack Hughes » 29 Dec 2014 15:15

IanM wrote:And whilst I don't profess to be any kind of expert, I'm more than happy to share my own course notes and other tips to help people go faster.

I think the power file on Strava is probably the best gift :D
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Big_Show » 29 Dec 2014 16:06

IanM wrote:I'm great, me.

Try really hard and you might break one of my records.

Briefly.

Until I come back to reclaim it...

:lol:
Big_Show

Next

Return to Cycling Time Trials