Kingfisher Aquathlon & Junior Aquathlon 2014

Discuss upcoming races here

Re: Kingfisher Aquathlon & Junior Aquathlon 2014

Postby kfjatek » 19 Dec 2013 10:56

CCS wrote:aren't you leaving out the most fun part of a triathlon

I'm not arguing with that, but then we're not calling it a triathlon. It's been running like this for 13 years so there's tradition to deal with, but also the roads around the area wouldn't make a good route.

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 19 Dec 2013 12:51

CCS wrote:Aquathlon... but aren't you leaving out the most fun part of a triathlon.

You're thinking of duathlon (which, despite being a swimmer, I seem to be better at :?: )
Sir Jibbenstein

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Worrying Will » 19 Dec 2013 16:42

Bopo, my oldest 2 have done tristar. Just rock up and race. Just makesure you look at the year of birth thing as I get confused. It great to watch.
Thinks to much about it all
Worrying Will

Postby Bopomofo » 21 Dec 2013 00:14

Tritans wrote:
Bopomofo wrote:Tempted... and to bring my son, too.

My lad is a club swimmer but only in a local club who are just getting going. He doesn't do any run training

A chip off the old block :D

Hmm.. I thought long and hard about a witty response to this, and I've come up with something I think Noel Coward would have been proud of... "Fuck off, you fat bastard". :lol:

I've heard a lot of bad stuff about local Tri-Star set-ups. Mainly about the parents being pushy has-beens and frustrated BOPers. And the whole tri thing being disappointingly middle class, so the kit pressure is a whole dimension further on than the usual phone/trainers shite they get at school.

But, I digress. If all he needs is his Speedos and his Runners then he'll be fine. Especially the swim... little sod can now beat me at 100m. With me doing fs and him doing breast-stroke. :roll:
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 21 Dec 2013 00:22

Bopomofo wrote:I've heard a lot of bad stuff about local Tri-Star set-ups. Mainly about the parents being pushy has-beens and frustrated BOPers. And the whole tri thing being disappointingly middle class, so the kit pressure is a whole dimension further on than the usual phone/trainers shite they get at school.

Was meaning to pick your brains on that one. Someone at work was wondering if there are any local clubs (lives on your side of the river) with junior sections for their kids. Wondered if you had looked at/knew of any?
Sir Jibbenstein

Postby kfjatek » 21 Dec 2013 00:44

Bopomofo wrote:But, I digress. If all he needs is his Speedos and his Runners then he'll be fine.

He'll be fine. The whole race has a very chilled out, informal atmosphere, I can't imagine the junior part to suddenly be fight to the death.

Make sure you enter yourself too - the kids will be off first and will need to finish for the main race to begin, so you'll have time to support him and then have a go yourself.

2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Big_Show » 21 Dec 2013 10:38

kfjatek wrote:Make sure you enter yourself too - the kids will be off first and will need to finish for the main race to begin, so you'll have time to be seriously outclassed by him and then have a go yourself.

FTFY.
Big_Show

Postby Bopomofo » 21 Dec 2013 20:54

Big_Show wrote:
kfjatek wrote:Make sure you enter yourself too - the kids will be off first and will need to finish for the main race to begin, so you'll have time to be seriously outclassed by him and then have a go yourself.

FTFY.

Oh that will happen, have no doubts.

His swimming club have finished training now until Monday 6th, so he's already getting tetchy about doing some hard work. I might very well take him to Mountbatten on Sunday eve to the 50m adult lane swimming session. It is over 16s, but I don't think I'm being a bad person by taking a 14yo in who will boss the fast lane for an hour. I'll only lie a bit if they question his age... and most of his big sister's mates think he looks older than them anyway.

I'm sure some people will have contrary opinions but hey. :roll:
Bopomofo

Postby Big_Show » 22 Dec 2013 00:21

In that case you're only waiting for the moment for when he can get served at a bar easier than his older sister & her friends. From personal experience I can only say that's a hilariously fun moment.

Please try and ignore the borderline-alcoholic fat man I became. That's probably not relevant.

Oh dear. I started off taking the piss and ended up making myself sad instead.

I think I need a hug.

[/breakdown]
Big_Show

Postby Bopomofo » 22 Dec 2013 22:37

Big_Show wrote:Please try and ignore the borderline-alcoholic fat man I became. That's probably not relevant.

Oh dear. I started off taking the piss and ended up making myself sad instead.

I think I need a hug.

[/breakdown]

You have no idea. Big_Hug, there's a man-squeeze waiting for you next time I see you, buddy.
Bopomofo

PreviousNext

Return to Events