Rugby Podium Potential

Discuss upcoming races here

Rugby Podium Potential

Postby Jimba » 18 Apr 2013 18:38

5th May I planned to do Southwell, now full, bugger. Searched for another event on that day and could find very few that weren't a long way travelling.
Found one in Rugby, Bilton Grange, run by superflytri, never heard of them and no idea what they will be like. Only 13 entries so far so am hoping for a top 100 finish and an age group podium! :lol:

I did check with the event organiser who assures me that it will go ahead, anticipating about 100 entries. We shall see.
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Re: Rugby Podium Potential

Postby Kevy427 » 18 Apr 2013 18:57

Careful what medication you take ;)
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Re: Rugby Podium Potential

Postby Latinobeat » 21 Apr 2013 20:19

I did their first event last year though it wasn't at Bilton Grange. It was at another country estate called Newnham Paddox and was open water. The swim was through two lakes, up one over a small piece of land into the next, turn around at the top and back down. The routes were good, but as with any new enterprise there were some small teething problems, nothing major really just some confusion as to where the actual finish was and the end of lap bands which never appeared. I'm glad that they are doing more, as these small events are the heart and soul of Triathlon something which was reflected in the atmosphere as ever.
I'd go with the alloys and lose a few pounds!
Latinobeat
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Return to Events