Duston

Discuss upcoming races here

Re: Duston

Postby Latinobeat » 17 Apr 2013 21:00

Cheers for that, really helpful. Fingers crossed that the weather holds. :D
I'd go with the alloys and lose a few pounds!
Latinobeat
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby Sqealy wheely » 17 Apr 2013 22:38

Hi Latinobeat

The swimming can be frustrating, the waves go off at regular intervals slowest wave first so in theory you should be in a lane with people with approximately the same swim speed,in practice you do get individuals who under estimate how fast they are or people playing the system to get a sart time which suits them so you can get mixed ability :shock:

Rode the route last week, you will be pleased to hear that they have sorted out a lot of the rough road surfaces just be aware around the water tower as you head back in there are some really dodgy parts. The hill as descibed by Jimba is just after a series of rolling section so will sap your legs, remember to smile as you go up one of the race photographers will normally be positioned on the hill! :lol:

Overall a good well organised race, have fun!

Not racing but should be popping up to cheer!
Sqealy wheely
Posts a bit, but not too much

Postby Latinobeat » 17 Apr 2013 23:10

Sqealy wheely wrote:Hi Latinobeat

The swimming can be frustrating, the waves go off at regular intervals slowest wave first so in theory you should be in a lane with people with approximately the same swim speed,in practice you do get individuals who under estimate how fast they are or people playing the system to get a sart time which suits them so you can get mixed ability :shock:

This always bugs me with pool based swims. The only one I've done which hasn't been congested and with very variable ability all swimming at once is Banbury which is run in a 50m open air pool. The extra length and lane width means you can pretty much swim your pace.

Thanks for the tips. :D
I'd go with the alloys and lose a few pounds!
Latinobeat
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Previous

Return to Events