FAO: Iron distance and other Fear-distance (TM) racers

Discuss upcoming races here

Re: FAO: Iron distance and other Fear-distance (TM) racers

Postby ris » 03 May 2013 16:36

pretty sure it is bottle drop with a collection of replacements just after. you tell (shout out?) to the marshalls what you want before you get there and they hand it to you. if you use a speedfill then i guess you might need to spend a few secs transferring the new liquid into it (dunno, don't use a speedfill).

bento box or gel-filled bottle for other provisions. don't know about chall henley, but i'd assume it is similar to im in that the aid stations have bars (possibly gels, too) that you can pick up to save you carrying 20 of them in your jersey.

that's my guess, a grown up who has done it can tell you for sure.
most disturbing in lycra, 2010, 2012, 2013
club champ 2015
ris

Blog: View Blog (26)

Re: FAO: Iron distance and other Fear-distance (TM) racers

Postby IronMorg » 04 May 2013 12:43

can't comment on challenge events but at IM, Ris has pretty much got it on spot on. You simply chuck your empty bottles in the area they have set up and you grab a bottle from one of the volunteers (after letting them know what you want). You tend to find the station is divided into a few bods for water, few for energy drinks, few for food, gels so you know where you need to get to. I have a speedful A2 Ris, you simply fill up on the go, its a great piece of kit.

If you're worried about the run, all I can say is build those long runs up... get them done in your training and you will be fine. Just be sensible.
2015 season
22nd March - Ashby20
26th April - The London Marathon
13th September - The Great North Run
4th October - Chester Marathon
IronMorg
Spends enough time on forum to incur WAT/HAT/BAT/GAT comments

Previous

Return to Events