Ride of the Falling Leaves

Discuss upcoming races here

Ride of the Falling Leaves

Postby md6 » 21 Aug 2015 11:34

This is a fantastic sportive to end your sportive year with. It starts and ends in SE London going out to Surrey/Kent borders - covers a portion of the Dulwich Paragon club run which is a reasonably challenging route used by many a bike club (we often pass 3 or 4 other clubs on a Saturday run). The 110k route has a 4 hour gold standard time, which gives you an idea of the hills involved. It's on 4th October,

Any takers? I'm intending to be there, subject to permission from the gf, as we fly out on holiday the next morning...

Here's a linky: http://www.dulwichparagon.com/news-events/latest/rotfl-2015.html
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Ride of the Falling Leaves

Postby kfjatek » 21 Aug 2015 16:11

Depending on whether I'm around that weekend or not (TBC in the next couple of weeks), I may be able to join you. Does it normally sell out quickly?

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Bendy Ben » 22 Aug 2015 02:58

Might be good training for the ballbuster .....

<checking dates>
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby md6 » 23 Aug 2015 20:50

It normally does sell out, but not massively quickly. I have to say its a great route, and takes in some good hills too.

plus you can (assuming it does the same as when I rode it years ago) start with a lap of herne hill veoldrome - which is the older London Olympics velodrome! Worth a go particularly now it's been resurfaced (IIRC)
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby Jack Hughes » 24 Aug 2015 08:54

md6 wrote:It normally does sell out, but not massively quickly. I have to say its a great route, and takes in some good hills too.

plus you can (assuming it does the same as when I rode it years ago) start with a lap of herne hill veoldrome - which is the older London Olympics velodrome! Worth a go particularly now it's been resurfaced (IIRC)

Bendy knows all about Herne Hill. He has raced there. It is, in fact, the scene of his most famous victory.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby md6 » 24 Aug 2015 12:11

Jack Hughes wrote:
md6 wrote:It normally does sell out, but not massively quickly. I have to say its a great route, and takes in some good hills too.

Bendy knows all about Herne Hill. He has raced there. It is, in fact, the scene of his most famous victory.

Of course, i'd forgotten about that! Well even more reason to enter then Ben, relive your finest hour...
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby md6 » 11 Sep 2015 11:37

Entries open now if anyone is still interested:

http://www.riderhq.com/events/68820/rotfl2015
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs