The Club Two Piece - Apex Range

Got a new shiny piece of kit? Or something tried and trusted? Tell us about it.

The Club Two Piece - Apex Range

Postby S11 » 03 Sep 2013 08:41

Some know that I've been using the two piece for a while now. But one of the big draw backs of the two piece is the fact is it has the propensity to look like a boob tube and ergo you look like a tit.

I'm not a huge fan of the standard tri-suit. Personally I think the fabric holds onto water two much and I seem to struggle with the sizing - Large is too tight and an XL is too baggy. The same issue regarding the water remains with the current standard two piece.

I decided that in my wisdom I would buy the Apex range - it should have been sewn with gold in all honesty. My intention was to wear the full kit at the Vit but unfort I fell ill...however I had tried the bottoms and I've now tried the top and bottoms (albeit a leg loosener on the turbo).

So

Tri top - these now come with extra length so the fit is bang on for me. The Apex fabric is totally different and there is a more compression fit to it. The old kit came with two side pockets, Champ Sys now make you pay for these (surprise surprise) so I have no pockets. In terms of how it felt - I would be comfortable using the top no probs. The top dried off from the sweat really quickly...I was surprised at actually how quickly it did. As mentioned the fit is tight but that means it doesn't want to roll up the midrift like the standard kit.

Bottoms - tight. The legs grippers are super elasticated and grip the legs like nothing I've ever seen. I have some good bib shorts but these tri bottoms grip much better. Again like the top there is a more compression feel to them. The chamois pad is tremendous. I need to try them in the pool this week but I have every confidence that they won't feel like a shitty nappy. I used the bottoms on a training 30k TT and they were superb. The Bontrager TT saddle I have is rock hard but the bottoms were nice and I was comfortable throughout.

Verdict

Brilliant bits of club kit. The old saying - you get what you pay for and these are top notch.

I appreciate the acid test is the tri but the kit just feels awesome
S11

Blog: View Blog (41)

Re: The Club Two Piece - Apex Range

Postby kfjatek » 03 Sep 2013 08:57

Good timing with the review - I'll need to put in an order for a top in the next club kit round; may be worth splashing out on Apex...

Does it come in yellow? :-)

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby S11 » 03 Sep 2013 09:05

kfjatek wrote:Good timing with the review - I'll need to put in an order for a top in the next club kit round; may be worth splashing out on Apex...

All the kit is available in both colour...just don't tell Ris
S11

Postby CCS » 03 Sep 2013 09:07

Interesting.....
Particularly about having decent leg grippers (struggle with this on both my existing tri suit and tri shorts which both ride up horribly)
Now, stop placing temptation in the path of the weak!
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby kfjatek » 03 Sep 2013 09:22

shadowone1 wrote:All the kit is available in both colour...just don't tell Ris

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby S11 » 03 Sep 2013 09:37

CCS wrote:Interesting.....
Particularly about having decent leg grippers (struggle with this on both my existing tri suit and tri shorts which both ride up horribly)
Now, stop placing temptation in the path of the weak!

Clare - honestly, they are super tight. Its some of the best gripping shorts I've ever used. I've always said the standard tri-suit which is fine, does have it flaws. As you say, the legs ride up badly but these won't. If I'm fit enough to get in the water this week then I'll test the shorts out and report back
S11

Postby ris » 03 Sep 2013 11:05

shadowone1 wrote:
kfjatek wrote:Good timing with the review - I'll need to put in an order for a top in the next club kit round; may be worth splashing out on Apex...

All the kit is available in both colour...just don't tell Ris

arf. :lol: :lol:
most disturbing in lycra, 2010, 2012, 2013
club champ 2015
ris

Blog: View Blog (26)

Return to Kit Reviews