Zoggs Silicone Putty Ear Plugs

Got a new shiny piece of kit? Or something tried and trusted? Tell us about it.

Zoggs Silicone Putty Ear Plugs

Postby CCS » 22 Mar 2013 16:17

One for any of you other folk out there who are prone to ear problems:

My old Zoggs ear plugs (the kiddies' orange ones) were starting to make my ears hurt... so thought I would give these a whirl http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zoggs-silicone-putty-ear-plugs/.
Actually, pretty impressed - really comfortable - though a bit like stuffing blu tak into your ears (and if you have long hair, it can get a bit tangled up with them.... so not sure how long they will last) - but just did my longest swim set in the whole world ever, and they held up pretty well.

Apologies - nothing so exciting as frothy milk in this review...
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Re: Zoggs Silicone Putty Ear Plugs

Postby Sqealy wheely » 22 Mar 2013 23:43

I have used these for several years and find these great and that they do last for several months, just bear in mind that they do gradually harden after a few months making them less mouldable and begin to lose their effectiveness but still value for money.

I have seen previous reviews that some people find them to large, but you can alway reduce them in size by removing some of the silicon and remoulding

They will pick up debris over time if you do not look after them so I always store in the box.

Sorry, long time since last post. I'll get my coat! :oops:
Sqealy wheely
Posts a bit, but not too much

Postby Jack Hughes » 23 Mar 2013 18:10

Sqealy wheely wrote:Sorry, long time since last post. I'll get my coat! :oops:

Don't get your coat! pull up a comfy chair and sit down with the rest of us!
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Bopomofo » 26 Mar 2013 11:35

What 'ear problems' do they help prevent? Are you prone to getting water stuck in your ears when swimming? Ear infections etc?

And can you wear them while making your skinny-mocha-capa-frappaccino? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby CCS » 26 Mar 2013 17:16

Bopomofo wrote:What 'ear problems' do they help prevent? Are you prone to getting water stuck in your ears when swimming? Ear infections etc?

And can you wear them while making your skinny-mocha-capa-frappaccino? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes... didn't even learn to swim until my teens due to repeated ear infections after swimming. Now just tend to get water stuck in ears and end up deaf/dizzy so always use ear plugs.
I guess they probably work well for making any warm beverages too...though personal preferance is total frothy milk avoidance...
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Tritans » 26 Mar 2013 18:33

Ooh I had assumed you needed the ear plugs for the racket that non tritans aeroccino, frothy milk production makes.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby ris » 26 Mar 2013 18:45

i thought this was just a posh name for blue-tack.
most disturbing in lycra, 2010, 2012, 2013
club champ 2015
ris

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 26 Mar 2013 18:57

ris wrote:i thought this was just a posh name for blue-tack.

There are many posh names for blue tack. Optical putty was a favourite, as in "the mirror was positioned in the beam with optical putty" i.e. the PhD was in a rush so just stuck the £1000 mirror to a bit of card with blue-tack :roll:
Sir Jibbenstein

Postby Bopomofo » 27 Mar 2013 01:27

Sir Jibbenstein wrote:
ris wrote:i thought this was just a posh name for blue-tack.

There are many posh names for blue tack. Optical putty was a favourite, as in "the mirror was positioned in the beam with optical putty" i.e. the PhD was in a rush so just stuck the £1000 mirror to a bit of card with blue-tack :roll:

Best (and possibly only) science-based derail we've ever had, I reckon. :lol: :geek:

CCS wrote: didn't even learn to swim until my teens due to repeated ear infections after swimming

Seems prophetic that I asked the "What's wrong" question this morning... and this evening I've been to a coached session for the first time in ages and I'm almost deaf, ears are sore and I just can't get the water out. This never happens to me in a pool. Mind you, I was in the fast lane, it's a small pool and it was getting very choppy.
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Postby Jungle_re » 02 Apr 2013 00:52

Might have to give these ago. Been using zoggs ones which look like a series of plungers and they havn't been bad.
If I don't use them I get pool ear every time and it can be very painfully especially with the amount of flying I do its given me some very nasty flight when not being able to adjust the pressure in my ear.

Still yet to resolve the problem of not being able to hear the coach though when wearing them
26th May 2013 IM 70.3 Austria
Jungle_re
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Kit Reviews