Hoka Clifton Road Trainers

Got a new shiny piece of kit? Or something tried and trusted? Tell us about it.

Re: Hoka Clifton Road Trainers

Postby Big_Show » 09 Apr 2015 06:07

Final prof that. Wilglish is contsgios.
Big_Show

Postby CCS » 18 Nov 2015 10:53

Thought it might be time for a bit of an update to my review....

Still love them.... sooo comfortable.
They were pretty good off road for running up a volcano (combination of very hard lumpy path assembled from lava rocks, and slippery gravel surface, and some steep bits); and they seem fairly quick (Parkrun not too far off last year's time, despite very little training, and a fair bit of slippery mud in the offroad part of the lap).
What's not to like?

Obviously durability is yet to be really tested with my lack of running - but for my own personal style, while maximalism may not be fashionable, it seems to definitely be the way to go.
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby sonofsammo » 20 Nov 2015 07:15

CCS wrote:Thought it might be time for a bit of an update to my review....

Still love them.... sooo comfortable.
They were pretty good off road for running up a volcano (combination of very hard lumpy path assembled from lava rocks, and slippery gravel surface, and some steep bits); and they seem fairly quick (Parkrun not too far off last year's time, despite very little training, and a fair bit of slippery mud in the offroad part of the lap).
What's not to like?

Obviously durability is yet to be really tested with my lack of running - but for my own personal style, while maximalism may not be fashionable, it seems to definitely be the way to go.

What did you go for size-wise?
And did you get to try them on before you bought?
I've done DNF. I've done DNS.
The future is DNE :D

http://www.justgiving.com/getbeatricemobile
sonofsammo

Blog: View Blog (51)

Postby CCS » 20 Nov 2015 09:23

groundhog wrote:What did you go for size-wise?
And did you get to try them on before you bought?

I went half a size up from what I wear in Newtons (which is a size and a half up from my normal shoes) - I always size up massively in sports shoes... my toes seem to get very easily bruised when I run... probably because I am doing it all wrong...
I didn't try before I bought - not sure many places stock them - but I figure that's the joy of internet shopping - you can very easily 'un-shop' stuff. Trying on was a jog up and down the hallyway, but that impressed me enough to keep them and give them a try (whereas when I bought some Innov-8, I literally put them on my feet; put them back in the box and marched them down to the post office).
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Previous

Return to Kit Reviews