Swiss stop yellow brake pads

Got a new shiny piece of kit? Or something tried and trusted? Tell us about it.

Swiss stop yellow brake pads

Postby Bendy Ben » 30 Jul 2014 21:26

So I have carbon tubs with a carbon braking surface. I love riding them but a little bit of me has always been cautious ( less than most however) about the ability to stop quickly if needed.

Simply washing speed off can be a bit of an issue especially if it's wet. Then it's simply frightening. Now the weather has got better and I had worn 3/4 of my current "standard" cork pads I decided I'd need a new set ( front and back)

A simple common theme was that swiss stop yellow pads and shoes were 95% as effective as normal pads on alu rims.

So I spent an age trying to find them at a cheap price, weeks I mean, I didn't want to spend nearly £100 on pads. That's a lot of money. I don't have shit loads of cash at the mo as we have spunked all we have on Ewan's Physio over the summer. No holiday for us.

So I found campag shoes and yellow pads for £100 +

Then I spoke with a friend who said that the shimano ones were cheaper and they'd simply fit exactly the same as the campag ones. Views on this differed depending on who you asked but I eventually plumped £60 ( thanks pro bike kit) for two pairs. Rather chuffed at that.

I want to ride my carbon wheels. That's why I paid for them and there's no absolutely no point in having them in the loft. So I swallowed the £60 and they arrived the next day ( £4.95 next day delivery)

I got home today and fitted them. Went for a test ride. Here is what I found.

They are amazing, they stop on a dime, no squealing, no fade, no juddering under heavy braking, progressive feel and I'm over the moon. I didn't honestly expect them to be this good. So I have left them on and I am going to TT to work at 5am and see what happens.

So if you have the requirement for Carbon specific pads I must push you to get these. In fact all the swiss stop pads get rave reviews. You'd be daft not to buy these
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Swiss stop yellow brake pads

Postby Bendy Ben » 30 Jul 2014 21:28

Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Kit Reviews