Louth Triathlon

General chat and questions go here

Re: Louth Triathlon

Postby Jimba » 06 Sep 2018 06:04

Well good luck Jon, I remember hearing about Brigg before....must have been from you so you will know exactly what you want to get out of it ready to hunker down for a solid autumn and winter train8ng regime ;) The darkness is coming!
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Postby jonathon.e » 06 Sep 2018 14:10

Jimba wrote:Well good luck Jon, I remember hearing about Brigg before....must have been from you so you will know exactly what you want to get out of it ready to hunker down for a solid autumn and winter train8ng regime ;) The darkness is coming!

Cheers Jimba,

I think I have a few race reports about Brigg, guess I am a creature of habit, my last one of the season use to be the Ilkley Triathlon, did it for thirteen consecutive years, but, alas, it got too popular and entries went too quickly. But still one of my all time favourites, not sure it is for Mrs J, as one year I entered the Brigg tri in the morning, the Ilkley tri in the afternoon, on the same day, the only downside it was our wedding anniversary :shock:
Yes the darkness beckons ( which is an excellent book about cave diving, which I read when doing speleology many years ago ), main aim is to try and steadily lose weight, and try to reduce the injuries.
Hope all is going well for the next episode of the famous five in Rutland on the 16th. :D
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Jimba » 06 Sep 2018 20:25

Your consecutive run beats mine by a couple. This is the first year since 07 I think, that I have not done a triathlon. My default one every year was not on this year and never booked another. Shame really, so will have to chase a hm pb instead :D

Prep for Rutland going well, won’t be a pb as it looks to be a +10min course. That said the last 2 of the famous five were always odds on to be the quickest. 8-)
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Previous

Return to General Discussion