Tyres a personal choice !

General chat and questions go here

Tyres a personal choice !

Postby jonathon.e » 20 Mar 2018 16:01

Tyres are very personal, you tend to pick a brand and stick with them, for me it is Michelin pro race, I think they are upto the fourth generation of them. But, as with everything they get superceeded, and when they do you get to pick up bargains of the old stock. Chain reaction have them on sale with £20 off list price red/black only but cheap enough to stockpile a couple of years worth.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mich ... -prod26230
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Re: Tyres a personal choice !

Postby Kevy427 » 21 Mar 2018 22:56

Just exactly how many are you planning to stockpile given a number of variables; number of miles ridden on the bike and the degradation of the tyre compound? I’d suggest just investing in one pair and sell the rest ;)
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby jonathon.e » 22 Mar 2018 10:30

Kevy427 wrote:Just exactly how many are you planning to stockpile given a number of variables; number of miles ridden on the bike and the degradation of the tyre compound? I’d suggest just investing in one pair and sell the rest ;)

Buying cheap and selling expensive, you could market that idea Kev.
Just enough, four sets, unless a tyre gets shredded, a pair can last me a year, just about, dependant on road conditions, it is almost cheaper than buying socks ;)
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Jack Hughes » 23 Mar 2018 09:51

My decision is largely based on 1) trying things out 2) what's available as I tend not to keep adequate (i.e. any) stocks.

I've been using Continental GP 4000 (ideally all seasons). Which have done well enough.

However, I think I got best results with some michelin tyres (in terms of over all performance, especially grip going up cobbled climbs).
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Return to General Discussion