Pre-season medical tests

General chat and questions go here

Re: Pre-season medical tests

Postby Jack Hughes » 03 Nov 2015 16:38

Bopomofo wrote:
King Sad wrote:Take a sample of 10,000 triathletes, cyclists and runners; and another sample of 10,000 lard arses who sit on the sofa shovelling crap down their throats. Compare how many of each will die early, develop debilitating conditions and otherwise become enduring strains on the taxpayer. I think I can guess what the result will be :D

There is an intersection here: lard arses who sit on the sofa shovelling crap down their throats then think they can do a serious sporting event.

That kind of behaviour gets you rushed to A&E and strapped to an ECG for the afternoon while being given various IV drugs. Last Wednesday. :oops:

What about if they ignore previous, lesser, incidents?

I'm still not convinced a test PRIOR to anything would have shown anything (at least for the sorts of tests that OP has in mind).

Glad to see you are still operating...
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby King Sad » 04 Nov 2015 07:49

Oh gosh Bopo, sorry to hear about the drama :( but glad all is well :D
It seemed like a good idea at the time :? .

http://www.KingSad.UK
King Sad
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby CCS » 05 Nov 2015 00:10

Bopomofo wrote:
King Sad wrote:Take a sample of 10,000 triathletes, cyclists and runners; and another sample of 10,000 lard arses who sit on the sofa shovelling crap down their throats. Compare how many of each will die early, develop debilitating conditions and otherwise become enduring strains on the taxpayer. I think I can guess what the result will be :D

There is an intersection here: lard arses who sit on the sofa shovelling crap down their throats then think they can do a serious sporting event.

That kind of behaviour gets you rushed to A&E and strapped to an ECG for the afternoon while being given various IV drugs. Last Wednesday. :oops:

Oops!
Hope you are OK Bopo!
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Previous

Return to General Discussion