tracking IM Wales and Challenge Weymouth

General chat and questions go here

Re: tracking IM Wales and Challenge Weymouth

Postby King Sad » 14 Sep 2015 19:12

Well I missed all that yesterday but those were all amazing times :D . Well done all :D .

Si, what a blow :( but that sounded quite unpleasant; medics/officials made right decision.
It seemed like a good idea at the time :? .

http://www.KingSad.UK
King Sad
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Bopomofo » 14 Sep 2015 19:30

Gutted for you, Si. Can't imagine your disappointment after all the training. On the other hand, to my limited medical knowledge you were perilously close to being in a LOT of trouble there so any near-miss you can walk away from is always a good day.

Well done to our other finishers. Sounds like a brutal day at the office for ris and Ewan and a cracking result from Jibbs.
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby gingertri » 14 Sep 2015 19:30

To cheer me up I entered ironman mallorca thats in 2 weeks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
gingertri

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Tritans » 14 Sep 2015 19:42

gingertri wrote:And thanks for all the support on fb! First lap of swim was nice conditions and then was awful on the second lap, felt sick for most of it, came out and really unsteady on feet (held onto metal railings for a minute or so) walked to transition and could see some strange looks on people's faces in crowd. Got to transition and got wetsuit off and damp cycle kit on then couldn't stop shivering. A volunteer asked if I was ok "just a bit cold". Got to bike and an official asked same question but said " stay there and we'll get a medic to check you out"...back into change tent for next hour in a medical blanket (kind of disposable thick paper thing). First temperature check was around 34.7.......30minutes later and it was 35. Couldn't remember my dad's name and struggled to speak. After an hour I was about a degree warmer. Took decision to remove my timing chip then. Organisers gave me a dry t-shirt which helped and lent me a dry jacket. Two cups of tea and bananas later and got a lift to finish to get my clothes. Once dressed found a greasy spoon and has full English then spent rest of day being a public nuisance and shouting encouragement at everyone who went past!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comendable response. I got drunk and shouted abuse at Jan Frodeno in the bar.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby ris » 15 Sep 2015 09:38

Very brief for now... home with poorly child so have 5mins going spare. IM wales is great - really hard bike and I did myself no favours and received none. I'd be frustrated with my time if it wasn't for knowing that at 50mi I was quite uncertain if i'd finish, and how I've felt the last 18h makes me appreciate quite how much i've pushed myself.

Support - here, on the course from the amazing crowds in ten by and Saundersfoot, Ewan, Cat, Andy, Weeksy and Mama Weeks, my other half, Vomity and my mum, dragged me through. Thanks all.
most disturbing in lycra, 2010, 2012, 2013
club champ 2015
ris

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby Tarka the Nutter » 17 Sep 2015 10:25

Great times all. well done.
Global Domination award winner 2012
(basically because I've lost the plot!)
Tarka the Nutter

Previous

Return to General Discussion