barclaycard bPay wrist band

General chat and questions go here

Re: barclaycard bPay wrist band

Postby Kevy427 » 30 Aug 2015 16:28

You could always stick the contactless payment chip to the end of your finger and wind a coil of thin wire around your finger to created the aerial? And for the ultimate discretion, simply wear a glove on your payment hand

Sent from my dungeon
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby Jack Hughes » 30 Aug 2015 18:25

Kevy427 wrote:You could always stick the contactless payment chip to the end of your finger and wind a coil of thin wire around your finger to created the aerial? And for the ultimate discretion, simply wear a glove on your payment hand

Sent from my dungeon

That's what the sticker option is for!
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Jack Hughes » 30 Aug 2015 18:28

Bendy Ben wrote:£50 wil buy me a cake and coffee in surrey......

Oh dear. Contactless is only good for £20. You'll have to make do with half a slice and a glass of water.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Bendy Ben » 30 Aug 2015 18:53

£30 for contactless for lloyds as from Monday.
So a can afford a slice of lemon in my water

Training ? Pah! Overrated
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby King Sad » 31 Aug 2015 06:33

I believe something for fast paced Londonintes who are on the go 24/7 and forced to live atthe pace of the 'machine'. No need for me on my 15 minutes commute drive taking in views of the fields followed by a walk through Lincoln's Castle Square as I pass the Castle and Cathedral. If it's really busy I might even see as many as 50 people! (usually young female students on their way to college )
It seemed like a good idea at the time :? .

http://www.KingSad.UK
King Sad
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby CCS » 31 Aug 2015 11:57

Bendy Ben wrote:£50 wil buy me a cake and coffee in surrey......

Wot he said...
.... and £50 will barely cover a taxi ride home across the Surrey Hills in the case if extreme breakdown (speaks the voice of bitter experience).
I take debit card in my waterproof mobile case thingy, together with £20 notes liberally stuffed in said case / saddle bag etc - in fact, if I am short of cash, I can usually do a trawl of various saddle bags/ gym bags / swimming bags & turn up quite a sum of money that I have forgotten I left there...low tech savings account?
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Worrying Will » 31 Aug 2015 17:49

Go by train up here and they will rescue you.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
Thinks to much about it all
Worrying Will

Postby md6 » 01 Sep 2015 14:46

I don't see the point in this. I stick a note or 2 in the phone case which is waterproof, drop proof, crash proof and is so bulky it stays in place in the pocket, I have a few £ coins in the zip pocket of my jersey if I have one and in the saddle bag if not. That's all I need. If I have a serious unfixable mechanical so i need to get a cab then I will stop at a cashpoint on the way home/to the bike shop.

Day to day I keep my oyster card separate from my wallet so I don't waste everyone's time at the barrier in the morning like those non-Londoner who are always in the way, and (puts on tin hat) women, who don't seem capable of predicting in the queue for the barrier that they might need a f**king ticket to get out despite doing the same journey and needing it every bloody day of the week. :?
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Bopomofo » 01 Sep 2015 22:28

I think the best thing to do with the wrist band is form your hand into a shape that suggests you are clutching something small such as a chipolata (to form a better antenna, obviously) and then shaking it back and forth vigourously while holding your wrist band near the sensor. Everybody around you will understand perfectly.
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Postby gingertri » 03 Sep 2015 21:47

Do they have card machines in the deepest darkest pennines? Most cafes have contactless nowadays too so perfect for cake and coffee too!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
gingertri

Previous

Return to General Discussion