Wheels

Bikes, frames and all the other parts can be found in here.

Wheels

Postby S11 » 02 Nov 2013 18:16

I have a turbo wheel complete with Vittoria Tubro tyre and a cassette (If required - shimano 105) for sale. Not really sure what its worth - think I paid £120 for it all in including cassette. Will let it go without the cassette if that's not needed.

I might be selling my mavic kysriums elites. I love these wheels and that's why I say might. My power meter isn't hooked up to them cause mavic don't do a retro fit on those rims so I'm open to offers - these wheels come with contim GP4000 tyres as well. Think this is £500 wheelset but would take half of that

Anyone interested?
S11

Blog: View Blog (41)

Re: Wheels

Postby CCS » 03 Nov 2013 19:21

Could be tempted by the kysriums, though have no money at the moment.
... are they good all year round wheels?
... do they climb well?
... what sort of mileage?
Have always fancied a pair...

Wheels seem to be becoming to my bikes like shoes are to me... :lol:
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby sonofsammo » 03 Nov 2013 19:54

The Kysriums are awesome - Truly fantastic wheels. Exceptional climbers, they spin up nicely and are very light for the money. To get lighter. you need to spend upwards of a grand , so for what Steve's asking they're a bargain....
I have a set on little donkey. They're amazeballs.
I've done DNF. I've done DNS.
The future is DNE :D

http://www.justgiving.com/getbeatricemobile
sonofsammo

Blog: View Blog (51)

Postby S11 » 05 Nov 2013 15:48

The Kysiriums are a top notch wheel - you will struggle to find a review which says they are a bad wheel. Let me put it this way - I wouldn't be getting rid of them had I been able to put my powertap into the rear wheel.

The bearings are fine - and the wheels are bomb proof - never needed truing - they are just over 14mths old and the wheels hardly moved for the first year I had the Kuota as I spent most of that year riding the TT.

All round year wheels - Yup.

I need to decide what I am doing with them cause the Kuota is pretty much winter retired as is the TT and for summer I have my Reynolds 66's to put on the Kuota...so having the Mavics is having a lot of wheel doing not much
S11

Postby AndyC » 05 Nov 2013 17:40

Could be interested in the wheels :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do I have to?

Stirling Duathlon
London Marathon
StaffordShire 70.3
Outlaw

AndyC
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby CCS » 05 Nov 2013 18:04

Thanks for the info - do let me know if you do decide to part with the ksyriums - the more I read, the more they do seem to be the perfect wheel for Champ
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby S11 » 08 Nov 2013 20:56

CCS wrote:Thanks for the info - do let me know if you do decide to part with the ksyriums - the more I read, the more they do seem to be the perfect wheel for Champ

Clare..defo going to part with them - but I need to wait until after Christmas - Can you wait till then?
S11

Return to Sales