It IS all about the bike: CCS 2014

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: It IS all about the bike: CCS 2014

Postby Big_Show » 03 Feb 2014 12:36

Looks like things are going well for you so far this year. When did you say the first race is?

Sent from the north-east.
Big_Show

Postby CCS » 03 Feb 2014 13:57

Big_Show wrote:Looks like things are going well for you so far this year. When did you say the first race is?

Nothing definite until 6 Apr TT (which I realise is an early morning race the morning after driving back from a week's skiing, so not well planned) - so hopefully, plenty of time to get off the turbo and out on the roads before then.
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Jack Hughes » 03 Feb 2014 16:49

Why not feb/march?
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby CCS » 03 Feb 2014 16:59

Rubbish weather; already vastly exceeded my exit pass quota; TT bike likes to hibernate until mid march...
Might manage to revisit the Charlotteville hilly if it coincides with Mother's Day again?

Sent using some sort of new fangled technology
CCS

Postby Tritans » 03 Feb 2014 17:04

All this good stuff isn't helping my current, fragile, state of mind.

Well done, excellent progress.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby Ewan » 03 Feb 2014 18:53

I officially began training this morning :-)

A bit of a warmup followed by a blast on the H10/18 to get a measure of my LTHR etc etc. I was on the road bike but it turns out it was slower than I've ever been before, so it looks like I have some serious catching up to do.
Ewan

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Big_Show » 03 Feb 2014 20:44

Tritans wrote:All this good stuff isn't helping my current, fragile, state of mind.

Well done, excellent progress.

Tequila still having a bad aftereffect?

Big_Show

Postby CCS » 07 Feb 2014 08:33

Mon 3/2 - Turbo - Trainer Road Raymond http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/708150-Raymond - a bit harder with the new FTP setting, but OK

Tues 4/1 - Run - quick twice round the block - 6.1km in 31:54 - getting back to a decent pace. Garmin has been sent off to meet its maker though (screen just stopped working). Luckily still under warranty, so a new one is allegedly in the post

Wed 5/2 - Dire warnings of gale force winds; torrential rain, floods... hence swim 2.7km in 1:10:22. Included really dire CSS test - 400m TT was 10 sec slower than 400m 'easy' warm up. Technique definitely gone to pot. Still, can't all be going well at the same time!

Thurs 6/5 - Woke up feeling rubbish. Something to do with a late night at book group; a few glasses of cava, and a really disturbed night's sleep due to foxes screaming (quite literally) in the garden. Mad rush to get car loaded up; drop off kids and get on the road. Have some annual leave to use up, so had booked the TT (who I am increasingly starting to think really IS called Fluffy) in for its annual trip to the place of its birth - yes, a road trip to have some of that magical Bridgtown fairy dust sprinkled on it. Slightly worried by the number of signs on the motorway telling us that we were heading to 'The North' - but great day out. The mild mannered triathlon bike has been reborn as a killer TT machine. Saddle is forward and up; bars are quite a bit lower, and guru of all things bike (Mr Mike the Bike himself) seems to think that this season's target times are very achievable!!! :D Apparently with the new setup, I was happily pootling along at 23mph without massive effort (Mike swears his turbo measures accurately... but that's more than last season's race pace!!).
Was going to turbo last night, as very excited to try out the new setup - but really tired after a lot of driving in the pissing rain etc, so decided to take a day off, and maybe try to catch up on the session today.
CCS

Postby Jack Hughes » 07 Feb 2014 09:52

Fluffy. Yes. I like fluffy.

Really excited by the impending TT season now. :)
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby jonathon.e » 07 Feb 2014 10:05

BBAR certificate as well as the Nationals then ??
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs