Big Show Begins Again

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Big Show Begins Again

Postby Big_Show » 04 May 2014 20:43

I think today went well. After thinking about things yesterday the theme for the month is now going to be "Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good." So any training is better than none, even if it isn't exactly what I planned.

This morning I headed out for my long-ish run. I had originally planned 8M, but on my way back into Needham my lower back started seizing up (I had problems with it earlier on in the week). So rather than cause any bigger problems by pushing through it I cut off back towards home - 6.6M in 53:15 @ 8:02/mile average. So next week I'll do 7M, the week after 8M, etc.

I've also decided to add daily squats to my bodyweight exercises. Today I did 19 press-ups, 19 lunges/leg, 90s plank, and 10 bodyweight squats (using a doorframe for support to make sure I made it all the way down to 90 degrees. Hopefully doing this more often will increase my flexibility). I didn't go past anywhere strong enough to use for inverted bodyweight rows (I've been using bike racks or metal gates), so that one stays at 19 reps tomorrow while the rest go up. Gonna need to keep careful track of everything.

Off to work tomorrow rather having another day off - with this contract I don't get paid leave. I had plenty of free time in April though so I'm not fussed about missing out to be honest. Probably lucky I actually enjoy my job though!
Big_Show

Previous

Return to Training Logs