Every day in May 2013

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Every day in May 2013

Postby Jack Hughes » 26 May 2013 16:25

26/31. Felt strong. Until I stopped going down hill. Ran for pleasure - sunshine through the woods. Then slowly up the hill. Calf a bit sore, so probably need to stick to the flat for the next few runs.

Offical time for yesterday was 22:32. I know I stopped the watch a bit late (too much up-chucking after sprint finish to remember), but didn't realise it was nearly 10 seconds.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Jack Hughes » 28 May 2013 07:53

27. The plan called for a tempo/threshold run, on the flat.

But I was exhausted. The weather was so nice on the Sunday that I had to go out on the bike and have a crack at some strava segments. The wind wasn't that favourable so was pleased to get some new PRs - especially as the weight isn't really coming down. Still heavier than I was last August.

Anyway, the big muscles were aching - hams, quads and glutes. And abductors/adductors aching from the running

So had an easy run - well, the 3km downhill were easy. The 3km back up, not so.

Feel in pretty good shape, considering. but did wake in the night with a sore ankle (the waking dream was that it had snapped!). Not sure if it was cramp or just bent funny. Has been a bit sore for a couple of days.

TippIng down this morning. So decided to leave today's run for this evening.

When it will be a fast tempo run finish off the week.
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby CCS » 28 May 2013 12:59

Almost done... what is on the cards for June?
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Jack Hughes » 28 May 2013 14:26

CCS wrote:Almost done... what is on the cards for June?

Been thinking about that.

EIther most metres climbs.
Or number of PRs on Strava.

Fancy joining in?
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby Jimba » 28 May 2013 18:36

I have three days in the lakes coming up in June, so will have a few metres climbed in the bank after that!
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Postby Jack Hughes » 29 May 2013 07:18

Let's do it!
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby Jack Hughes » 29 May 2013 07:31

Day 28.

Heavy rain all day.

So, come 6 o'clock there was no let up. The strategy was to wear as few clothes as possible (shorts, lightweight rain top, shoes - no socks) and run as hard as possible. This would minimise the time spent in the wet, while keeping the body temp up.

Ran the first 2k reasonably quickly - uphill too. Then blew up on the last climb. Recovered for the middle km, then picked up again for the last two.

I reverted to the newtons as these are better without socks. They felt very very hard compared to the inov8s. And it was difficult to run properly.

That was the last run of the week. I need to crunch the numbers. But it looks like performance rose, peaking after 2 weeks, then a collapse into fatigue, and a slow recovery. Performance is probably down this week - but not as bad as the previous week.

I probably need a good week off, possibly two before I see a pickup in performance. Wondering about skipping parkrun on the 1st. And saving it for the following week. We shall see

At this stage, knees are the sorest, so interesting to see what sort of recovery there is.

Just three more to go!
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby jonathon.e » 29 May 2013 07:36

Well done, decisions, decisions, you wanted to race the park run on the first, but a better result would be from one in a fortnight.
The heart says the first but Sense and Sensibility dictate the later one.

You will have achieved your aim, so let the body recover, better to rest today and race tomorrow, than race today and never be able to race again.

Sterling stuff :D
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby chappers » 29 May 2013 07:54

very well done for making it this far.. only three to go :D

as for the park run, skip the 1st and go for the rest. You're now overtraining ;-)

personally forcing myself to have a reduced hours week before a race this weekend and legs feeling better already. As an aside, I read yesterday that the run is 8 laps of a sports field.. it's only 10km.. and there's a sprint and duathlon on the same morning... it'll be carnage :lol:
No? Tough. We're doing it.
chappers
Spends enough time on forum to incur WAT/HAT/BAT/GAT comments

Blog: View Blog (54)

Postby Latinobeat » 29 May 2013 09:54

Keep it going Jack, this is an immense achievement, both physically and mentally. Any plans for a celebration on the 31st and I wonder whether you will see any reaction if you reduce the running significantly?
I'd go with the alloys and lose a few pounds!
Latinobeat
Starting to spend time on the forum....

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs