qwerty goes oly

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: qwerty goes oly

Postby kfjatek » 21 Oct 2013 00:25

High time to close this thread.

High points of the season: a week at Les Stables, the club relays, New Forest Sportive
Low points of the season: my first DNF, finishing VLT through pain

2013 has been defined by the ITB injury, which I'm finally gradually getting over. One big lesson from this - I need to get better at listening to my body.

Am I faster than I was a year ago?

- Swimming - a little bit faster. Moved up a lane in the pool, but for the time being I remain the slow guy in Lane 2. Technique work with Sibs at Les Stables was instrumental to this, without a doubt.

- Cycling - again, I'd say marginally faster than a year ago. Cruising speed has gone up by a couple kph, which is good. Climbing skills have not improved - a) I haven't shifted the weight I was planning to, and b) hills have been forbidden land for me for most of the season because of the injury.

Running - lost all form & fitness. Slowly beginning to build it up again, but it'll take time before I get to the level I was at the beginning of 2013.

Overall mark for the season: 4/10.

Two half-iron races planned for 2014 - promising a very interesting 12 months. Sitting down tomorrow with the guy who will help me make the most of it.

Serious stuff kicks off on Nov 1st. Ben - be afraid. Be very afraid. :twisted:

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Kevy427 » 21 Oct 2013 05:34

Qwertyzxcvb wrote:Serious stuff kicks off on Nov 1st. Ben - be afraid. Be very afraid

Are you opening up an online 'pre-owned' Triathlon Superstore too?
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby kfjatek » 21 Oct 2013 06:15

That would be a lost cause Kev. Ben is the unquestionable master & king of the art of premature sale. ;-)

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Previous

Return to Training Logs