JB's experiment

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: JB's experiment

Postby kfjatek » 19 Jul 2013 13:09

Jellybaby wrote:Night off tonight before riding to the in-laws for my mother-in-law's 60th birthday (sorry qwerty, would definitely prefer a bbq brunch!)

Swapping bbq for a grilling? ;-)

Have fun!

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Re: JB's experiment

Postby Jellybaby » 23 Jul 2013 12:51

Saturday: wasn't expecting a particularly good ride given how much I drank on friday night (oops) but the legs were feeling good and it was an nice morning. turned out to be a great ride. Less ascent than usual (285m) but got a few PRs on strava, so pretty happy. Only bummer was coming down the final hill there were a load of sunday drivers who'd decided saturday was a better day to be out and stopped me from going really quickly down it. Knew I wasn't going to be in a fit state to ride sunday, so decided to TT from the bottom of the hill to the in laws. Arrived covered in spit and phlegm. Lovely.

Today: Slightly shorter ride than initially planned (70km rather than 90km) as it was pissing down for half the ride and I'd only remembered to bring two gels and to get to the last 20km I was going past my house: too tempting to get in and dry off and have some #mmmcake. Lots of climbing (790m) including one hill I've not done before and one of the longer climbs round here (6.7km, which strava categorises 3) right at the end because I'm an idiot. Descending was slower than usual as the already sketchy roads are even worse in the wet. All in all a good ride, but if i'm going to climb this much I need to bring more energy and water.
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Previous

Return to Training Logs