JB's experiment

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: JB's experiment

Postby Bendy Ben » 07 Jul 2013 18:23

Fibre flair lights buddy
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Jellybaby » 08 Jul 2013 12:03

Lots of walking in the woods this weekend again, and decided late last night that I needed to get out and ride as I won't be doing tonight. Going for a ride where you're making it up and having done lots of uphill walking and lots more drinking does not make for a good idea. Why I thought I'd be able to avoid any major hills I don't know. I failed. I found the biggest hill I've done for a very long time - Whiteleaf just outside Princes Risborough. I've done it once before when I was a few weeks out from IM, very fit, and on a compact. this time I am unfit, hungover and on a standard. Had to walk a little bit of it at the top where I thought it was flattening out. It wasn't. It kept going up. Eventually got over it and started to make my way back towards home, then passing my new favourite one (Rocky Lane) decided I might as well have a go up it (starting to get dark now) and got a second-best time, which was nice.

31km, 382m climbed - not too shabby :D

Bendy Ben wrote:Fibre flair lights buddy

They the ones you have on your rear forks? good shout.
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Lead Balloon » 08 Jul 2013 14:26

Up round Tring, is that you all moved now then? We'll have to meet up for a grind on the bike when I'm back and compare climbs. I should be about at the end of the month if you're up for it
Cuffing it, one Cluster at a time!
Haven't ridden my bike since June 2014, bugger
Lead Balloon

Postby Jellybaby » 09 Jul 2013 15:46

Yup, all moved about 4 weeks ago. Definitely up for a ride, though I'm pretty slown at the moment (mostly because of the hills).

Long ride this morning as the TT for tonight looked like it was going to be cancelled (turns out not, bugger. Nevermind). Ended up doing 70km with lots and lots of climbing and a constant head or crosswind - never seemed to be going the right way. Had a mechanical about 15km from home which left me stuck in the middle at the back and shifting with the front two. Not great when you're tired and still have a few bumps left. Still, managed a couple of PBs and a 2nd place on one 'climb'.

One thing I will say. The roads round here are fucking abysmal. Surrey roads are like glass compared with some of these. Got no confidence going downhill as a lot are through trees so I can't really see the surface, and there are potholes all over the place. Narrowly avoided one at the bottom of a hill that went across the whole side of the road! My phone's screen is now cracked too (possibly my fault for wrapping it up in loo roll and putting it in the saddlebag). time to get a garmin methinks :D

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby

Postby AMS » 09 Jul 2013 16:18

In Whiteleaf, did you go past the golf club? That's a belter.
Rocky LAne's good. HAve you done the MIssenden road bump towards Chequers or over Dunsmore?
Edinburgh Marathon 26 May 2013
AMS
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby Jellybaby » 09 Jul 2013 16:32

I like Rocky Lane, it's a great little climb. Need to head off the other way some point soon. found Bison Hill today. That wasn't fun - was breathing through my eyeballs.

Jellybaby

Postby kfjatek » 09 Jul 2013 17:02

Jellybaby wrote: was breathing through my eyeballs.

That's not the climb, that's last night's beans... ;-)

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Bendy Ben » 10 Jul 2013 12:29

Oh I can't wait to ride these climbs it's you mate

Yep, fibre flairs - the ones I use on my forks when I need to be seen
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby AMS » 10 Jul 2013 12:35

Bison hill rings a bell. THink I've been up that in a car and thought it would be a real pain in the ar5e by bike. Great work though!
Edinburgh Marathon 26 May 2013
AMS
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby Jack Hughes » 10 Jul 2013 19:28

Climbs?
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs