Woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown: CCS 2013

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown: CCS 2013

Postby Jack Hughes » 08 Aug 2013 13:23

Conversely, number 18 has "only" down a 1:07 this year. You should have her..
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby CCS » 08 Aug 2013 15:15

Jack Hughes wrote:Look... down... the... page.... number 30.....

Julia Shaw

Multiple national champion for the last 10 years. Top amateur - mixes it with the pros.

Exactly.... :cry: all a bit scary!!!
Feeling even less confident as legs are absolutely shattered after a couple of very slightly non-flat efforts on the TT this week!
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Jack Hughes » 08 Aug 2013 15:22

CCS wrote:
Jack Hughes wrote:Look... down... the... page.... number 30.....

Julia Shaw

Multiple national champion for the last 10 years. Top amateur - mixes it with the pros.

Exactly.... :cry: all a bit scary!!!
Feeling even less confident as legs are absolutely shattered after a couple of very slightly non-flat efforts on the TT this week!

I thought you hadn't noticed as you said 26 women - she is the 27th (with a few juniors and children for her to eat before she gets to you.

It will be fun.
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby CCS » 08 Aug 2013 15:22

Thurs 8/8: Bike. http://www.strava.com/activities/73115604. 69.4km in 2:26:41. Took the TT to meet Box Hill (via a very wimpy route that avoided too much in the way of un-flat stuff).
Today's conclusions:
- my legs were absolutely buggered from yesterday's ride (even tired walking downstairs yesterday)
- this implies to me that riding fast and hard on the flat does not prepare you for going slowly up even slight inclines
- the TT can go up hills OK, but it would rather not, thank you
- the TT can go down hills, but it doesn't really fancy narrow twisty descents where you cant see what's coming round the corner and feel the need for hands on brakes for safety
- actually, if it's all the same to you, the TT just wants to cruise at speed along smooth dual carriageways
Slight change of plans with my panic training - more hills needed - so Champ should get a bit of exercise over the next couple of weeks.
Shattered now! Think I need a rest.
Head not really in the right place today - another falling out with smallest child (quote from my parents: "we were trying to find a word that means 'more stubborn than stubborn' to describe her...).
CCS

Postby Tritans » 08 Aug 2013 15:43

One of us has a very bad memory rgarding The Ripple. Either I was so pissed the last time I rode it, I can't remember how bad it was. Or you can't remember flying up it like it wasn't there.

As you well know I am very hill averse, it really isn't that bad. Nothing like Box Hill. Then you have about 40km of gentle , straight, downhill. You really are going to demolish it.

It's not worth worrying about. Time better spent would be blasting up and down drift rd as fast as...... Hmm actually you are right, keep on smashing those Surrey hills. :D

Good luck in the TT. I'm having to bow out of tonights 10, it appears the Pilates has done for me :oops:
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby jonathon.e » 08 Aug 2013 15:45

Cantankerous
Recalcitrant
Obstinate,
Would any of those words do?

Spin, spin, spin, light gears, recovery, rest, train hard, race hard, rest easy. Just find the balance. Race, next day easy spin, rest legs the next, or swim, moderate session, hard session, recovery. If only it were that simple :(
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Jack Hughes » 08 Aug 2013 15:46

Tritans wrote:it really isn't that bad. Nothing like Box Hill.

Oh dear. We might be looking up the definition of "Gentle Climb" in different dictionaries. And after I spent 4 hours lovingly researching you a route with mainly gentle climbs....

it appears the Pilates has done for me :oops:

sigh
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby CCS » 08 Aug 2013 15:58

Jack Hughes wrote:It's a question of whether you can hold Shaw off really...

Meh... she will probably be too scared and be a no show... :lol:

Tritans wrote:I'm having to bow out of tonights 10, it appears the Pilates has done for me :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ouch... I think I might have pulled a muscle laughing

jonathon.e wrote:Cantankerous
Recalcitrant
Obstinate,
Would any of those words do?

All, and raised to a whole new dimension... munching handfuls of Kalms is my current childcare solution...
CCS

Postby CCS » 12 Aug 2013 14:03

Fri 9/8: Having failed to run off the bike on Thurs (legs waay too tired) - slotted in a short run a couple of times round the block http://www.strava.com/activities/73406848. 6.03km in 32:35 - pretty pleased with that given how much my legs were aching. Running obviously uses completely different muscles to cycling!

Sat 10/8: OW swim. Same as Wednesday's session - assuming time was about the same, but seeing as I left my watch sitting on the kitchen table, I have no real idea!

Sun 11/8: Kids wanted to go to the pool, so managed to sneak in 1km of mixed front crawl/drills while tenuously supervising them. About 30 mins, but watch battery going, so difficult to tell. Too close to lunch, so a bit nauseous.
Then, evening run along the great grey green greasy banks of the Basingstock canal http://www.strava.com/activities/73923907 9.6km in 57:40. Enormous blister on left foot - just on the inside of my big toe joint (covered in a lovely thick layer of tough skin, so very difficult, but eventually hugely satisfying to burst). Much application of compeed/tape to try and stop it getting worse. Lunch still feeling like it might make a reappearance.

Mon 12/8: Rest!!!
CCS

Postby CCS » 14 Aug 2013 10:32

Tues 13/8: Plan: half day holiday; bike brick, with some hills thrown in. Actual: work all day (will perhaps manage next Tues morning off instead). Struggled out for a long run in the evening: http://www.strava.com/activities/74458201 20.1km in 2:04:23 - third longest run of all time! Actually felt OK, though unwisely, had carried out blister surgery in the morning, and could feel that the intricate arrangement of plasters/tape I had applied had peeled off by around 6km. Just tried to be careful about how I put my foot down, and doesn't seem to be any worse. Bit tired by the end, and it was getting very cold and dark - but pleased with that.
CCS

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs