Who Ate All The Pies

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Who Ate All The Pies

Postby Tritans » 09 Feb 2015 13:09

So objective 1 complete. Wokers HM 2.13.odd.

I really need to try and get perspective sometimes.

Initially quite pleased to A - Make the start line and B - complete it. But after a while, my overriding feeling is disappointment. From a time perspective, its difficult to find many positives, which alone would be easy to cope with, but, the fact that I found it so damned hard is a little frustrating. A look back at the stats help, no running at all in Dec (lurgy + arse cheek injury) probably wasn't ideal prep, and over 50km of running last week is probably the most on record. The thought of a marathon during the last few km was very, very unappealing.

The main issues were upper body, abs, ribs, shoulders and neck. All very, very painful. Not experienced this before, may have got a bit carried away in the gym last week, but will need to monitor this.

A week off of my nutrition regime, to properly refuel, this week, then back to careful eating again.

My new running partner is now getting a little carried away, and suggesting 15 miles next week ! FML.

Swimming still going well. Actually begining to find it quite comfortable again.

Cycling, although mainly on the Turbo, is going in the right direction. Only 5%off last years FTP now. 2 Hours tonight will be a challenge though.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby CCS » 09 Feb 2015 15:09

Good work on the HM - you are definitely in danger of falling into the runnerists' camp (your 50km in a week is more that I have done all year...).
All sounds like it's going pretty well!
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Jack Hughes » 09 Feb 2015 15:21

Yep. Compared to nothing in December, 50K is a lot. 5 x 10k runs, for example. So it is understandable that you are tired.

However, I would say:

1) Highest volume week
2) High intensity HM
3) Not being injured

Is something to be pretty chuffed about.

You've got a course PB too.

Not sure what you are disappointed about, TBH, you're a big step towards the key season's goals.

You're not suddenly going to turn into Mo Farah overnight (even if you do keep eating quorn).

And yes, not being injured _is_ a pretty important metric.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Tritans » 10 Feb 2015 13:45

I agree that those are all very positive points. But when you see a number written down that you aren't happy with, it's still disappointing.

I deliberately turned timing / pacing displays off the Garmin, because I do have a tendency to get frustrated and think, what's the point, if things aren't going as I would have hoped for.

Penned in the finest quill from The Royal County.

Confucius
Tritans

Postby Jack Hughes » 10 Feb 2015 14:39

Tritans wrote:I agree that those are all very positive points. But when you see a number written down that you aren't happy with, it's still disappointing.

I deliberately turned timing / pacing displays off the Garmin, because I do have a tendency to get frustrated and think, what's the point, if things aren't going as I would have hoped for.

Were your expectations realistic, given that you still PBd for the course?

Don't be so hard on yourself.

it's not a case of I should have done better, but that's what I did, _next_ time I will do better.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Big_Show » 10 Feb 2015 16:48

Maybe you were mentally exhausted from the concentration of pacing?

Big_Show

Postby Tritans » 10 Feb 2015 17:01

If you are suggesting that is a bad photo, you are sooooo wrong. That would be in my top 10, comfortably.

In other news, the girl behind me (with the headphones) was one of the PB ers. Despite needing a little encouragement, her effort and determination was inspirational (an oft used word, but valid in this case)

Confucius
Tritans

Previous

Return to Training Logs