Big Show's Short Stuff Training Log

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Big Show's Short Stuff Training Log

Postby Big_Show » 31 Jul 2012 21:30

So I can't be bothered with a full-on training log, but it's also got the point where I need some kind of public "name and shame" potential to get my ass moving again. Hence this thread.

I'll post my weekly target, log the stuff on Endo and then see if I managed it or not - hopefully the prospect of admitting I didn't bother will be enough to get me moving again! Please feel free to join in too.

So Week 1 - the goal is to average 30+ minutes exercise a day for the whole week. Nothing too strenuous, I just need to get into the habit of moving again.

Anyone else?
Big_Show

Re: Weekly Targets

Postby Big_Show » 06 Aug 2012 12:33

Training 1, Big Show 0

Was aiming to average 30mins training per day this week, actually managed about 21mins. Various excuses I could make - only one that would really count is the lower backache I've had since Saturday which stopped me cycling yesterday. Still drank too much, ate too much and didn't get up before work enough for it to be the main factor.

So. try again.

I'm going to try again, this time aiming for an average of 40mins per day, with more cycling/turbo than anything else. The relays are really looming now...
Big_Show

Postby Tritans » 06 Aug 2012 18:24

If it makes you feel any better, which I doubt, I'm in the same boat. Managed a massive 5 hours last week.

The main difference is, I have a half in about 5 weeks :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby Tritans » 06 Aug 2012 18:26

One positive though.

I was attempting to lose some of the post IM weight gain. I lost 2.2kg last week 8-)
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby Big_Show » 06 Aug 2012 19:24

Tritans wrote:I lost 2.2kg last week 8-)

That'll be the AD then?
Big_Show

Postby Jack Hughes » 10 Aug 2012 08:11

Big_Show wrote:
Tritans wrote:I lost 2.2kg last week 8-)

That'll be the AD then?

That and a haircut.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Big_Show » 13 Aug 2012 08:23

Week 2 - I'm counting this week as an overall win.

The target of 40mins/day worked out as 55mins/day average, and most of that was cycling. Admittedly there were still only two sessions, but the third one I had planned got loudly vetoed so I had no say in the matter. I'd even taken my kit to work and everything.
Sunay's bike ride was brutal - my flatmate's very strong on the bike and he was pushing me on the whole way round. Never come that close to bonking on fifty miles before!
I've got my eating pretty much under control again too, although I'm still drinking far too much to be perfectly honest.

I've been informed that this week Wednesday evening and Saturday evening must be kept free. So the plan for Week 3 is:
- hit Tuesday's running club session and smash Saturday's Parkrun
- continue with my beginners' weights sessions (really enjoying these)
- swim regularly to regain a feel for the water
- fill in the rest with bike/turbo sessions, including something on Sunday.
- considerably less booze!
Big_Show

Postby Big_Show » 20 Aug 2012 21:43

Week 3 - mixed results again.

Big_Show wrote:- hit Tuesday's running club session and smash Saturday's Parkrun

The club session went well, which gave me confidence for the Parkrun and I got a 20:01 - a minute and half faster than a fortnight ago, so all movement in the right direction. I felt like I was dying in the last kilometre but still mustered a sprint finish, so there must still be more there than I realise.

Big_Show wrote:- continue with my beginners' weights sessions (really enjoying these)

Got two of these in. Was aiming for three.

Big_Show wrote:- swim regularly to regain a feel for the water

Got of these in. Was aiming for three. Glimpses of previous form appearing, but still a massive way to go. The relays will not be quick...

Big_Show wrote:- fill in the rest with bike/turbo sessions, including something on Sunday.

Yeah. This didn't happen. After dutifully keeping Wednesday & Saturday evenings free as instructed, I was then too hungover on the subsequent days to do any training... :oops:

Big_Show wrote:- considerably less booze!

See above. :oops: :oops:

Soooo... on to Week 4.

I've decided that my swimming is rubbish and my bike is never that good, so I'm continuing to concentrate on getting my run speed back as that'll make the most difference in any of the races I've got coming up (counter-intuitive for tri I know, but I consulted some training diaries and did some maths).

So tomorrow night is the running club session, Thursday is the club 5k handicap, I can fit in two or three more swims and a couple of bike sessions before I head down to Nottingham for some fun!
Big_Show

Postby Big_Show » 21 Aug 2012 08:11

On top of that, it turns out I've put 4lbs back on in the last fortnight. Crap.

I was already at the point where I don't really believe I did the Outlaw, but now I'm starting to doubt I actually did the training either. I can't get up in the morning to traing before work, I can't motivate myself for sessions, I make excuses about the weekend sessions, I can't follow a sensible diet (actually that one's nothing new... :roll: ) and I'm much, much worse at all three disciplines than I was two months ago.

[/whiny little man-b*tch]

Best stop moaning, MTFU and sort it out then.
Big_Show

Postby Kevy427 » 21 Aug 2012 08:46

Sounds like you need the mental break from training? You're just relaxing and recovering, you'll get back into training when you're ready for it. Go and try something else other than SBR?
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Next

Return to Training Logs