Big Show's Outlaw Training Log

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Big Show's Outlaw Training Log

Postby Big_Show » 06 Jun 2012 20:53

Wednesday 6th June

15 min run/55min spin/15min run brick session tonight; motivation is currently at what is probably an all-time high as I know I'm in the last week of hard work now!

Operation Big Unit: With just three and a half weeks left to go I'm made an executive decision to give up on attempting any more weight loss. I'm still going to follow the Racing Weight guidelines, but rather concentrate on just keeping the diet quality up and not over-refuelling after training. So no more weighing myself (until the week before the race anyway, just out of curiosity). I'll start worrying about it again a month after the race when I've completely undone all the hard work and returned to my previous spherical state... :lol:

Speaking of which, today's DQS was 17. Need to keep it above 15 as often as possible.
Big_Show

Postby Jack Hughes » 09 Jun 2012 06:56

Weigh yourself on race day though. It's useful performance data.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby IronMorg » 09 Jun 2012 15:18

I'm guessing this is the last big peak weekend of training before the taper so looking forward to reading how you get on with todays 6hr bike 1 hour run brick.
2015 season
22nd March - Ashby20
26th April - The London Marathon
13th September - The Great North Run
4th October - Chester Marathon
IronMorg
Spends enough time on forum to incur WAT/HAT/BAT/GAT comments

Postby Big_Show » 11 Jun 2012 13:28

Got a bit behind with this over the last few days - time for an update of the last big week of training!

Thursday 7th June

Pre-work swim: BIF #14

Got stuck at work and so had to miss the bike after work. Pretty pissed off about that.

Friday 8th June

Swim - BIF #15

Saturday 9th June

Really weird waking up this morning and not immediately heading out on the bike! Into work for some overtime and then a lazy afternoon instead ahead of the 150th Anniversary Blaydon Race! Despite torrential rain during the race itself I really enjoyed it, running the 5.7M in a comfortable 36:45 for a PB, and realising afterwards that I could have kept going further at that pace and definitely could have run it faster - it's been that long since I've run a race of about this distance that I'm pretty out of practice! Followed by a few drinks with the running club.

Sunday 10th June

Last long bike day. Out a bit later than intended due to tiredness, pretty routine ride - 94.7M in 5:44:49 @ 16.5mph average, followed by a 7.0M run in 1:03:16 @ 9:02/mile - legs felt pretty wrecked from racing the night before but I just plodded on with it.

Monday 11th June

Out on the bike first thing fighting the rush hour traffic - I'll be cycling next Monday as well and will definitely be leaving it until after 9am! 24.85M in 1:32:33 @ 16.1mph.

Then the last big run! Took gels with me, stopped in at a couple of shops to buy water rather than carry it round with me. 21.1M in 3:05:59 @ 8:48/mile and well pleased it's all over! Fully expecting the run on the day to be nothing short of brutal, but that's as it should be.

So that's the 27 weeks of training out of the way, now it's time for a three week taper. Focus now has to stay on not getting injured, not consuming my own bodyweight in food everyday, and getting everything properly sorted for race weekend.
Big_Show

Postby IronMorg » 11 Jun 2012 16:16

well done mate! I'm strangely looking forward to that last big weekend before taper. Its on the august bank holiday weekend so I know the monday I won't have work and can just chill.
2015 season
22nd March - Ashby20
26th April - The London Marathon
13th September - The Great North Run
4th October - Chester Marathon
IronMorg
Spends enough time on forum to incur WAT/HAT/BAT/GAT comments

Postby Seasider71 » 11 Jun 2012 16:19

Well done, I have done all my shout training to cheer you all on come race day.
Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Big_Show » 13 Jun 2012 20:21

Cheers guys!

As soon as the taper begins, work goes all to shite - had to be in early yesterday & today, ended up leaving far too late to do any training either, going to have to be in at stupid o'clock tomorrow too. Bugger.

I'm leaving at 5pm tomorrow come hell or high water though, as it's one of the few chances I have left to go OW swimming up at Ashington.
Big_Show

Postby Tritans » 13 Jun 2012 20:41

Well done shaun impecable ironfit training.

How hope you get the success you deserve.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby KidStardust » 13 Jun 2012 21:06

Ditto ^^

You'll have a great day in July. I love it when a plan comes together.
KidStardust

Postby Big_Show » 17 Jun 2012 16:23

No training managed at all since last post - damn work!

Saturday 16th June

Away for the weekend with some guys from the running club. Great Langdale 20k Trail Race on the Saturday - great fun! Comically wet weekend camping in the lakes, the rain made the river burst its banks and go over the course. Race report to follow - 15th place finish in 1:43:02 for me (no idea how many people actually started and finished yet, waiting for the official results).

Rest day today, bike ride tomorrow.
Big_Show

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs