Willy Waving

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Willy Waving

Postby willy_1977 » 16 Jul 2013 13:25

ris wrote:well done, lee. :) ride home as well, or saving that for tomorrow?

home as well it's a baby ride really - given the 13miles each way I used to commute :)

Thanks folks - it's a small start but hopefully a start :)
Venimus, vidimus, bibimus.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby Jack Hughes » 16 Jul 2013 14:05

Well done!
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby flavadave » 16 Jul 2013 17:10

Nice one mate! :D
flavadave

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby willy_1977 » 18 Jul 2013 00:44

Another commute it's about 3 miles, so around six miles a day. Which is six miles a day more than I have been doing.

Need to plod on change loads of things but... For the moment I'm content plodding along.

Also not particularly pleasant to be laughed at yes fat chap on a bike but at least I'm moving some.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby Jack Hughes » 18 Jul 2013 08:12

willy_1977 wrote:Another commute it's about 3 miles, so around six miles a day. Which is six miles a day more than I have been doing.

Need to plod on change loads of things but... For the moment I'm content plodding along.

Also not particularly pleasant to be laughed at yes fat chap on a bike but at least I'm moving some.

Don't let that put you off. It could be said that you do have a very very very thick skin ;). Xxx
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby IanM » 18 Jul 2013 10:24

Good work Willy, keep it up. Looking forward to you adding to the cluster that is Midlands social ride organisation.
IanM

Postby willy_1977 » 18 Jul 2013 13:08

Jack Hughes wrote:
willy_1977 wrote:Another commute it's about 3 miles, so around six miles a day. Which is six miles a day more than I have been doing.

Don't let that put you off. It could be said that you do have a very very very thick skin ;). Xxx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and @IanM - yeah I'll be back for some 10miler tt action soon I hope... :/
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby willy_1977 » 07 Nov 2013 13:44

Well that didn't work... reminds me of a school report I received (more than once)... "must try harder" "if he only applied himself" etc.

I'm not back... I am but a figment of your imagination...

Current Goals: Not disappear.
Current Weight: heavier than before, so still heaviest I've ever been.

Must not moan - must do...

do... or do not... there is no moan. (I may have paraphrased a little green dude there... :|)
willy_1977

Postby sonofsammo » 08 Nov 2013 17:07

Good man.
Wolves away!!!!!
I've done DNF. I've done DNS.
The future is DNE :D

http://www.justgiving.com/getbeatricemobile
sonofsammo

Blog: View Blog (51)

Postby willy_1977 » 09 Nov 2013 10:35

So sitrep:

Short
SNAFU FUBAR

Long
Possibly tl;dr

Had some issues. Fair to say. And it was good to read about you guys/gals and the club escapades - and immerse myself in some escapism hobbies for a while (not sure at what point cycling etc. stopped becoming that - must revist this). In a way except for it's a good thing I've rekindled an old passion for being in a band/music making and gaming/RPG - yeah baby getting my geek on! :ugeek:

Went through some issues at work - thought I had those resolved with a change of job - sadly it would appear I had ended up stepping through a time warp back to the early 70's where it was perfectly "ok" for the MD to strut around calling people of ethnic origin "samosa boy" and exclaiming at every possible moment to a young female office manager "you've got great tits" - I was astounded; stayed for 12months and - unsurprisingly - ended up having a falling out with the MD (in case you are wondering: http://www.facebook.com/notes/lee-willi ... 4636441517 and http://www.facebook.com/notes/lee-willi ... 7229774591)

Anyhow - moved jobs again appears to be a company rooted in the 21st Century expected procedures etc. - this time I get to work at home and travel to the office (Stratford) rarely - this seems to really work for me - so fingers crossed.

Was sat thinking really need an "in" to exercise and on to training again - and what should drop into the inbox but an invite to run in The Wolf Run and raise some money for the company's chosen charity (tba as the event is next year). In great BCTTT tradition with a mere slight wobble I'd said I'd do it...

I think that's about it... oh apart from suffering cold and chest infection on antibiotics and steroids at the moment - so the decision is made and my body has gone "now hold on a minute" :D

I need to plan my time I'll not be doing specific sessions as yet as I'm sure it'd be a waste.

Plan A
Make a plan / diary of time that I know is already in use
Get out for a walk of some description tomorrow.

Also, not very exciting for you lot - but this is for me mainly - if I make what I'm throwing in my face public I'm hoping that it may reign in my eating - after all I work at home now so it's easy to slip into that chombling in front of the PC all day.

Breakfast
2 slices of white bread with margarine.
Tea - skimmed milk - 2 sugars (where I've picked that habit up again I'll not know)

Extra
On the whole - these sections "should" be empty save for fruit etc.

Lunch
Tomato pasta bake with lardons + possibly a bit heavy handed on the cheddar :D but better than I have been doing.
Extra

Dinner

Extra
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs