Willy Waving

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Willy Waving

Postby willy_1977 » 13 Apr 2014 19:39

Indeed why mess about thought I and I had had a couple of pints when I agreed :lol:

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Venimus, vidimus, bibimus.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby sonofsammo » 14 Apr 2014 07:38

willy_1977 wrote:Indeed why mess about thought I and I had had a couple of pints when I agreed :lol:

Holy crap you started early! :lol:
I've done DNF. I've done DNS.
The future is DNE :D

http://www.justgiving.com/getbeatricemobile
sonofsammo

Blog: View Blog (51)

Postby willy_1977 » 14 Apr 2014 07:40

Didn't say of what though did I :D

1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby Jack Hughes » 14 Apr 2014 08:07

So long as it wasn't milk.

sent from my Boporola ThunkPod using Tapatalk
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby willy_1977 » 14 Apr 2014 09:22

just water gents - it was relatively early as was pointed out - plus I knew we were running low on moo juice.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby willy_1977 » 14 Apr 2014 09:41

Well as the weather is nice today I think I will break out the running shoes and ... go walking :oops:

but still I'm at square 1 rather than 0, I've started again - measurements (just weight n bf% today - will be another three weeks to measurements) to be in around lunch time today as usual.

Happy to note that I finally managed to utilise the Endomondo premium code. It has allowed me to create a training plan that is essentially couch to 5k, and at my current level it's actually quite useful, thanks for the code JH - hoping to make good use of it over the next few weeks - and get from nowt to running 5k - sooner I get started sooner I can look to upgrade to 10k and on to HM (me and my big mouth - mind you if that was only bigger than my gut I'd be a happy man).
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby willy_1977 » 15 Apr 2014 09:35

So started my moving more goal - happy to find out where I am - taking 55mins to cover 2.7miles I decided to incorporate more climbing than last time and give myself more of a challenge. The joys of being on the couch potato to 5k plan (again!) but I am trying to remain positive - although I do find myself falling into the Howden Peculiarity from time to time.

This week I apparently put on 2.5lb (first time on the scales said I put on around 5-6lb) and a couple of 10ths of a percent point in body fat - so I admit to being slightly con-fuddled - but will keep on chipping away take this week as blip and hope that it is faulty scales or something else going on :D.

So weigh in proved confusing - I admit to thinking I wonder if I fell into the "secret eater" trap of shoveling loads in my face and forgetting about it - don't want to be one of those "I don't know why I'm so fat I eat ok" but when the secret cameras are stuck to catch me out I end up constantly eating and not noticing...

I will record it, I may get around to taking measurements today in order to see if I can identify what is occurring - we will see.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby Jack Hughes » 15 Apr 2014 09:52

Don't snack. Only eat when you are sat at table. Only eat what is on your plate. Only put on your plate what is needed. Don't drink sugar.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby willy_1977 » 15 Apr 2014 13:30

cheers Jack - all sound advice I needed reminding of.

So today was a good result over-all:

Squat: 45lb
2 x 5 reps

Squat: 85lb
5 x 5 reps

Overhead Press: 45lb
2 x t reps.

Overhead Press: 70lb
0 x 5 reps

Deadlift: 95lb
1 x 5 reps

Deadlift: 100lb
1 x 5 reps

First set of squats I thought I was going to crumple into a heap on the floor but managed to push through with decent form. Did lose my form a couple of times on the squat, so took a moment thought about it all and pulled it back to good form.

Overhead press just wasn't working - couldn't even get the bar up to the point where I needed to move my head out the way - I have been expecting this though; a problem with my form meant I have not been building up the correct muscles till now. Therefore I plan to unload next time to train them back up.

Deadlift, another PB on the dead lift - I'll take that.

I'm going to have a tough week with all the cardio stuff I'm adding into the mix. I am thinking I will alter the plan slightly for next week and sandwich together the s&c and running sessions to make for one longer session 3 times a week rather than fatigue all week rest weekend - I eventually will add in longer sessions on Sunday again - but slowly slowly catchy monkey.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby willy_1977 » 16 Apr 2014 15:07

Weights and cardio on same day now so get rest day between all sessions :) Feeling good today - do need a quick snack thinking slice of bread with peanut butter and glass of milk just to tide me over to main meal hoping it'll be something fish related this evening.

Seriously now considering Fit Nat after seeing a few samples and some good results - I think it could be just the help I need to retrain my brain - but we'll see.

Strength and Conditioning
Squat: 45lb (warm up)
2 x 5 reps

Squat: 90lb (planned 5 sets of 5 reps)
5 x 5 reps

Bench Press: 45lb (warm up)
2 x 5 reps.

Bench Press: 70lb (planned 5 sets of 5 reps)
4 x 5 reps

Barbell Row: 65lb (warm up)
1 x 5 reps

Barbell Row: 95lb (planned 5 sets of 5 reps)
4 x 5 reps
1 x 4 reps

For all sets of squats I felt strong decent form throughout majority, when did lose my form I once again took a moment thought about it all and pulled it back to good form.
Bench Press: was all over the shop - didn't feel good - muddled through with reasonable form - and failed by 1 set so hoping to get it done next time.
Barbell Row: was feeling good for majority last set was real hard work - try again next time and only failed by 1 rep so hoping I'll get this next time.

Cardio: couch to 5k

Didn't manage to get out and about today - number of factors mainly family related - but done the planned session on the dreadmill @ 5% gradient - hoping that'll be transferable.

5min @ 18:45 min/mile
8 x 1min @ 12:00 min/mile, 1 min @ 18:45 min/mile
5min @ 1845 min/mile
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs