Sonofsammo's training log year 1

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Sonofsammo's training log

Postby Bendy Ben » 02 May 2011 17:50

Pedal faster and harder
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby andyb99 » 02 May 2011 18:04

i think you're too fixated on your ave speed mate...its completely relative to the route plus on race day the roads will be closed...you'll be more motivated...and lets face it...with all the hills you're bound to be slower...i think last year the best i did on the IM route was avg of 15...but on the day with the last lap being how it was for me it dropped to about 13.5...and i made the bike cut off!!
i think instead of choosing a route where you might be able to avg 16-17 choose somewhere with more hills and avg 13-14...and stop worrying about it...what will be will be!!
wales is hilly mate...dont bury your head in speed!!!

sounds like its going well though fella if you can just change your mind set to be more positive...concentrate on whats good!!!
andyb99
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby sonofsammo » 03 May 2011 07:16

Was very hilly for me! That's why I'm concentrating on av.speed and doing hillier stuff. Not being negative, just focusing on an area for improvement... I'm aware that the bike leg can make or break my race and I'd rather it was the former.
I think the problem is that The Fear has taken up residence and is chasing me round the kitchen with a sharp knife and a wooden spoon shouting TRAIN HARDER!
I've done DNF. I've done DNS.
The future is DNE :D

http://www.justgiving.com/getbeatricemobile
sonofsammo

Blog: View Blog (51)

Postby andyb99 » 03 May 2011 07:40

sonofsammo wrote:I think the problem is that The Fear has taken up residence and is chasing me round the kitchen with a sharp knife and a wooden spoon shouting TRAIN HARDER!

yeah not much you can do about that mate :D :D :D
andyb99

Postby sonofsammo » 03 May 2011 17:54

Same ride again today - 20 mins quicker :D whoop whoop!!
If I can cary on progressing, then by September at least I won't be going backwards ;)
First o/w of the year tomorrow...hopefully....

sonofsammo

Postby Woody » 06 May 2011 11:12

sonofsammo wrote:Same ride again today - 20 mins quicker :D whoop whoop!!
If I can cary on progressing, then by September at least I won't be going backwards ;)
First o/w of the year tomorrow...hopefully....

quicker....and NO STOPS! ;)

Dude, grab that fear, lets put your missus' make up all over it, slap it's ass and laugh in it's general direction! Your on course, no worries, we'll do the 100 miler to Hornsea and you'll see that average hit high! Your riding on some good hills and it'll only get better. Just remember to listen to your body though - especially those knees. Injury is the only thing that can bollocks it all up!!
Woody
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby sonofsammo » 08 May 2011 20:49

New training plan. Hopefully I'll be sticking to this one.......
Provided the knees hold. Fingers crossed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sonofsammo

Postby Jellybaby » 09 May 2011 14:04

May looks good, but skimming through the rest of it:

Any reason your longest run is only 2 hours? I'd have thought you'd want to be getting up to the 2:45 to 3 hour mark a few weeks out.

I'd suggest upping your transition runs a bit as the race get closer. Think my biggest saturday was a 6.5 hour bike followed by a 2 hour brick run. But if it's cos your body can't cope then fair enough

Otherwise it looks fairly solid. I'd be tempted to add in an extra OW swim every other week of the full distance (once you've built up to it) as this wants to be really easy for you on the day.
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby

Postby Jellybaby » 09 May 2011 14:04

May looks good, but skimming through the rest of it:

Any reason your longest run is only 2 hours? I'd have thought you'd want to be getting up to the 2:45 to 3 hour mark a few weeks out.

I'd suggest upping your transition runs a bit as the race get closer. Think my biggest saturday was a 6.5 hour bike followed by a 2 hour brick run. But if it's cos your body can't cope then fair enough

Otherwise it looks fairly solid. I'd be tempted to add in an extra OW swim every other week of the full distance (once you've built up to it) as this wants to be really easy for you on the day.
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby

Postby sonofsammo » 09 May 2011 14:11

Jellybaby wrote:May looks good, but skimming through the rest of it:

Worried about over training and getting injured again. Good idea on the o/w for definite.... will programm that in as soon as I'm at that distance (June 3, I hope!).
Longest run's only 2 hours cos I'm shit scared of my achilles going again - especially when combined with the knee problems I've been having.
Will have a look at upping the T runs too..... Only one way to find out how the body copes I s'pose!

sonofsammo

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs