Ewan's Training Log

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Ewan's Training Log

Postby Jack Hughes » 23 May 2016 13:17

Well done for yesterday! And quit all the talk about "cheat" courses... reaping the benefits of a slippery position. Not sure about the beard.

To what extent might the position be reducing the watts? Any feel for if that is a factor?

cough 3cm rule cough
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Ewan » 23 May 2016 14:03

Thank you :-)

Xav says beards are aero neutral, and they don't seem to slow Eric Grill down :-) It'll be getting a trim soon anyway, I've just been lazy since C is away.

It's pretty hard to tell if the reduction in power has anything to do with the position because I'm so badly conditioned at the moment. I got 2.5hrs sleep ahead of Sunday and I've not done any structured training since IM Wales... just casual stuff and group rides. However if I had to guess, I'd say that the new position possibly actually allows me to put out more power, not less... my hip angle should be pretty similar to my old position, but I now feel much more settled and 'locked in' at the front end.

We did try lowering the saddle in my aerocoach session but that was one of the worst things we tried... it made the aeros worse and I could feel a noticeable drop in power output.

Also I think power and position is a funny one, because I suspect that any power lost by a change could be recouped again with sufficient (although time consuming) adaptation.
Ewan

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Jack Hughes » 23 May 2016 14:55

Ewan wrote: they don't seem to slow Eric Grill down

If he actually rides ;)

Ewan wrote:I suspect that any power lost by a change could be recouped again with sufficient (although time consuming) adaptation.

Indeed. But it's also the case that you've not done any adaptation :D
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby IanM » 24 May 2016 08:29

New position looks very good indeed! Extremely pleased for your result at the weekend Ewan, well done :D
IanM

Previous

Return to Training Logs