The long road to Ruin(ed ankles, knees whatever else breaks)

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: The long road to Ruin(ed ankles, knees whatever else bre

Postby IanM » 30 Apr 2015 13:03

md6 wrote:i get to drive the race commissaire on Monday for the SERRL road race...bloody cycling club making people help out :lol:

That sounds ace!

Hope the calves sort themselves out soon.
IanM

Postby md6 » 01 May 2015 14:08

Friday 1 May! (I can't believe its already may...scary)
Did a bit of a swim, around about 1700m, didn't start the watch straight away it recorded 1650 or something like that, so around 1700. took about half hour. my body held up ok although the slightly tense neck came out to play in the end and I had to stop - another side effect of smacking my head on the floor playing 5-a-side on Monday - mild whiplash! :lol: still at least the front of my neck has stopped hurting.

Legs feel much better for it, a gentle kick and a soft push off each end seems to have used them enough to stimulate recovery but not taxed them. Lovely. now for a weekend off...well apart from my stupidly early start on Monday
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby kfjatek » 05 May 2015 10:07

Plans for this weekend? There's a lovely sportive down in Farnham you know...

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby md6 » 05 May 2015 11:15

kfjatek wrote:Plans for this weekend? There's a lovely sportive down in Farnham you know...

I'm not sure if you're taking the p*ss or not :? Given i'm the only one who signed up to the 70 I should probably be suggesting that everyone else man up rather than me drop down to the 45. But i'll be out the day before (weather permitting) so I guess it's ok to drop down
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby Jack Hughes » 05 May 2015 11:36

Cheer up md6, I have been following along. Must be a bit frustrating:

Ben: Who's doing the 70k

Md6: OK, I'll do it! (signs up).

Ben: Think I'll do the 40k one now, as no one is doing it.

Md6: [taps receiver: hello? hello] So that leaves me on my own! Anyone else?

FattyTek: I've got a great idea, why don't you do the ride md6

:lol:
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby kfjatek » 05 May 2015 11:40

md6 wrote:
kfjatek wrote:Plans for this weekend? There's a lovely sportive down in Farnham you know...

I'm not sure if you're taking the p*ss or not :? Given i'm the only one who signed up to the 70 I should probably be suggesting that everyone else man up rather than me drop down to the 45. But i'll be out the day before (weather permitting) so I guess it's ok to drop down

Crap, I completely forgot you've signed up to it too, thought it would just be me and the girls, with Bendy out of play.

I'd do the 70 miler with you, but my form is atrocious.. :|

2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby md6 » 05 May 2015 14:03

Jack Hughes wrote:Cheer up md6, I have been following along. Must be a bit frustrating:

Ben: Who's doing the 70k

Md6: OK, I'll do it! (signs up).

Ben: Think I'll do the 40k one now, as no one is doing it.

Md6: [taps receiver: hello? hello] So that leaves me on my own! Anyone else?

FattyTek: I've got a great idea, why don't you do the ride md6

:lol:

just a touch yeah... :lol:

No problem kwerty, i'm happy doing the 45, i'm going to do the club run on Saturday so that's a good 65 or 70 in my legs anyway.
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby md6 » 06 May 2015 08:52

So back to 'training'
Wednesday 6 May:
Cycle commute. A bit slower due to lots of traffic today - not sure why I only left a few minutes later than normal (and not the latest I've left) and it was mental. Anyway, I felt very strong on the bike this morning and the speed when I could get moving seemed to agree, I was breezing past line of people and ended up for a while with a little peloton on my wheel. I think that at one point I was hammering along at about 27 mph, which isn't too bad for a flat. Although there could have been a slight tailwind at that point, but it isn't half as blowy as it was yesterday. anyway felt good and looking forward to the return trip and tomorrow, then Friday off before rides sat and sunday :D
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby md6 » 26 May 2015 10:52

So a bit of a quick catch up:

commuted as usual on Thursday 7th May, then on the Saturday did about 50miles with the cycle club (short club run), then on the sunday went to do the Farnham sportive, forgot my shoes so had to borrow some flat pedals and wear my very comfortable for driving and walking barefoot shoes...it turns out they're not so comfortable for cycling. Only did the 45 in the end and felt like i'd had a crash by the time I got home.

Ran a couple of 5ks since. But the achillies isn't happy about it (I think the flat pedals didn't help much).

cycle commute today and tomorrow.
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Postby md6 » 04 Jun 2015 09:41

So back to it then and decided to start tracking my weight - Tuesday morning was 12st9lbs (gf has changed the scales from KG and I don't like it...but that converts to about 80.5kgs

Tuesday 2 June:
Run at lunchtime - garmin didn't have a signal for all of it but its a 4 mile route so that's what i'll call it. A little slower than usual at 29'58, but I haven't run for a while and my achillies had been playing up the week before. Feels fine, and it is all good, nice steady and solid pacing, certainly the miles that were tracked were in the 7'15 - 20 range and I felt a pretty consistent effort level. I'm pretty sure I could've kept going at that pace for another mile or two which bodes well for my first tri of the year at Leeds castle at the end of the month!

Went to the gym after work and used the watt bike for half hour (spin class was cancelled as the room is being renovated). I haven't ever used power before so I stuck the bike into a reasonable 'gear' and kept the cadence at about 95 or so, the first 15 minutes I think I went a little too fast - averaged 265watts - then I started to suffer from the run at lunchtime in the calf as it started to cramp a little so had to back off a fair bit. The end the average was around 235watts for the total 30 mins. Apparently it thinks I averaged 39kph, so almost 20k in the half hour. Not too bad particularly as I had to stop a few times in the second half to adjust the bike. Note to self - don't start until the bike is set up properly, and check that all the bolts are tight so the bars don't slide away as you put in an effort! :lol:
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs